[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light and Love are Red Valleys of Blood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Sun Kil Moon - Common as Light and Love are Red Valleys of Blood

Album streams tomorrow on Sun Kil Moon dot com.
>>
Cool, although after hearing those snippets most of my hype has been killed. :( sounds like it's gonna be even more rambly than UT or the Jesu collab.
>>
>>71019128
What?! Snippets? Where?
>>
friendly reminder that mark kozelek is the greatest songwriter of 1992 onward
>>
>>71019155

amazon

prepare to be disappointed
>>
>>71019025
Thanks, Mark
>>
>>71019188
Not Mark. He can't even use a fucking iPhone.

Is 2017 the year of disappointments?
>>
>>71019177
Oh God..this is awful
>>
>>71019277

toldya
>>
I fucking loved the snippets. Mark had two careers of the same old sing-song guitar music, now it's time to watch this legend fly off the handle and do some weird shit. I fully embrace the weirdness.
>>
>>71019600

it's not actually weird though, it's just boring.
>>
>>71019128
ut was one of his best albums tho
>>
>>71019614
I don't think it's boring at all. To me, boring is an artist pandering to fans who would rather hear him remake Ghosts Of The Great Highway a million times over than some interesting experimentation.The Jesu collab was boring in my opinion, but these songs don't sound boring, just utterly strange.
>>
>>71019678

what's strange about them? to me it just sounds like basic rock tunes with Mark rambling about old rich guy problems over them. it's not experimental.
>>
>>71019622
Yep. It has a couple sour moments, but The Possum, Birds of Flims, Ali/Spinks 2 are all top mark track IMO.
>>
>>71019709
lol who else sounds remotely close to this
>>
>>71019709
>mark
>rich

what does rekindle mean anon?
>>
The rambling could be decent, but he's been treading the same ground since Benji. He lists like a dozen terror attacks/mass tragedies in the samples alone, and evidence points to him just not giving a shit now.
>>
>>71019709
Literally sounds like nothing Mark has ever been involved with before. His music is generally the opposite of bass and drum oriented. It certainly isn't avant-garde or anything like that, but definitely experimental for Mark.
>>
>>71019730

basically any generic folk rock singer if they were talking instead of singing.

>>71019732

if Walmart pays you 10k+ to use their songs in their commercials, you are basically rich in my mind. and Mark is bragging about that on one of the new tracks.
>>
>>71019768
He certainly has a steady income, but he isn't rich. He still flies economy and what not lol.
>>
Mark hasn't made a truly great album since Old Ramon.
>>
>>71020045
embarrassing post
>>
Does any good kozalek material exist beyond Benji

Everything I've heard is INCREDIBLY rambly
>>
>>71020431
>beyond
*after
I phrased that a little weird
>>
>>71019128
Haven't heard the snippets, but rambly is good in my books. UT is the most interesting thing he's ever done and I want to see him develop this style.
>>
Dude, listen to Ghosts of the Great Highway, Down Colorful Hill, Rollercoaster, and Ocean Beach. Fucking fantastic stuff and not rambly at all.
>>
>>71020526
meant for >>71020431
>>
>>71019025
I don't remember where but I remember seeing someone say that Sun Kil Moon is an asshole and that was offputting for me. Is there any truth behind that or what is the deal?
>>
>>71020650
lol
>>
full album streaming now

http://www.sunkilmoon.com/commonaslight/
>>
OH MA GAWD ARE YOU A MUSIC JOURNALIST!
>>
3 tracks in its pretty great so far
>>
its kinda krautrocky. I like it so far
>>
The transgender lines are cracking me up
>>
>>71019025
This is the worst thing Mark has ever released desu
>>
Not the same guy but this is super krautrocky and the lyrics are hilarious.
>>
Its good, not benji/universal themes good, but its another take on his rambling man approach.
>>
download link when
>>
on highway song, this is so weird and semi-out of place for him but i love it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.