[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What album should I listen to first to help me get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: th (80).jpg (15KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
th (80).jpg
15KB, 300x200px
What album should I listen to first to help me get into Portugal the Man?
>>
>>71018534
I started off with Satanic Satanist, I think that was a pretty good place.

This is kind of a tough question though because their music style changes so much.

e.g. Waiter: You Vultures! was kind of hardcore
Church Mouth and Censored Colors are more southern rock
Satanic Satanist is progressive rock I guess?
American Ghetto is experimental
In the Mountain In the Clouds is indie rock
Evil Friends is kinda pop punk

Their next one coming out is supposed to be hip hop influenced
>>
>>71018534
the satanic satanist
>>
>>71018793
Also - Satanic Satanist has a sister album called the Majestic Majesty. It's basically the same exact album, but done entirely on acoustic, which is pretty interesting to listen to side-by-side with SS

My ranking of their albums is:

Censored Colors > Church Mouth > Satanic Satanist > Waiter > Evil Friends > American Ghetto > In the Mountain

I feel like censored colors is pretty widely accepted as one of their best albums, but I'm sure people would argue with me about the rest. It mostly depends on what your music taste is I guess
>>
ALSO John Gourley is a dick
>>
>>71018891
Like dick as in asshole?
>>
OP you planning on seeing them?

They're really good live, I've seen them three times. Might go see them again in LA on the 14th next month
>>
>>71018931
He's a jerk. I met him a couple times and I know someone that went to school with him. Apparently in high school he was a rich douchebag

The first time I met him was after a show. People weren't really dancing around other than me and my friends. After the show I started an encore and got them to come back out. After that, I met a few of the band members out back. I mentioned that I was the one that started the encore and John (the singer) got pissed and said he had a cold and really didn't want to keep playing then walked away

The second time, I met him out back after a show again (didn't start an encore this time). Said hi to him and told him the show was really fun, he basically just said "ok" and turned around to hit on some girls (this was like right after he had his kid, so kinda scummy of him)
>>
>>71018960
He looks so friendly though. I guess it doesn't really bother me though, I mean one of my favorite musicians is Thom Yorke he isn't exactly the kindest guy in the world. It seems like the ruder ones make the best music.
>>
>>71019015
Yeah, I don't really care either. It's more just a funny story to me. The other guys are really cool though, especially Zach (the bassist)

When Ryan Neighbors was in the band as their keyboardist, my friend was wandering around at a venue before they started and Ryan asked my friend to help him set up their gear.

I don't know, I guess it's just John
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.