[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yanqui U.X.O appreciation thread favourite moment? thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: yanqui-uxo.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
yanqui-uxo.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
Yanqui U.X.O appreciation thread

favourite moment?
thoughts on the album?
your favourite/least favourite? why?
>>
This is actually the one album I've listened to the least from them, I don't even know why because when I do I enjoy it. That said, I don't really have any favourite parts/tracks but I'll lurk to see what people have to say and maybe try to listen to it with new ears
>>
>>71009796
the ending crescendo on motherfucker=redeemer pt.2 will never be topped by any band ever
>>
>>71009872
Yeah would have to go with this.

>>71009796
Also agree, I've listened to it substantially less than all their other works. At first I didn't like it that much but I definitely enjoy it a lot now.
>>
>>71009688
>favourite moment?
Entirety of Motherfucker=Redeemer Part 2, specifically the vinyl version since it has George Bush Cut Up While Talking at the end.

>thoughts
The darkest and angriest of their early work. Perfect for the mood of those days. Favorite Godspeed release of the releases I've heard. Don't feel like visiting their 2010- work.
>>
>>71010081
>Don't feel like visiting their 2010- work.

that's a mistake bro. Allelujah and Asunder are both 10/10
>>
>>71009688

Pitchfork hates this album, but I consider it among one of GodSpeed You! Black Emperor's best works.
>>
>>71010081
M L A D I C
>>
File: 1475871021631.jpg (12KB, 276x249px) Image search: [Google]
1475871021631.jpg
12KB, 276x249px
>>71010540

Not the poster, but I'm with that guy. The post 2010 work just don't hit me that good, and it just gives me an eerie feeling whereas their work a priori the 2010 version gives a glimmer of hope, existential acceptance and the unique vibrance that post-rock could deliver.

In the post-2010 albums, it's just gloomy, depressive, and turned into noise-rock.

Then again,. I've listened to both those albums a handful of times, and it just didn't regulate my taste.

I guess it's only in terms of preference.
>>
>>71010762

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with noise rock, and their chance to experiment, but for me personally, it ain't a good suit for them.
>>
Anyone else prefer the live versions of Behemoth to ASaOD? The drone part in particular sounds a lot 'spacier' and eerie.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.