[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

daily reminder that you can't have good taste if you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1485562256543.jpg (25KB, 510x436px) Image search: [Google]
1485562256543.jpg
25KB, 510x436px
daily reminder that you can't have good taste if you don't know music theory
>>
fuk of
what a shitty fucking image
>>
hahaha that image is me.
>>
>>71003101
>implying someone who knows music theory and has a good taste in music will make this shit thread
>>
Daily reminder that you can't talk about food if you haven't been to culinary school.
>>
you should have experiencing actually making music as well as knowing theory if you want to see the full picture
>>
>>71003196
>implying someone who doesn't would be smart enough to make a shitpost this good
>>
>>71003213

yeah i hate having meals with chefs, i'm like "this tastes good" and they say all this tech-y shit that just totally alienates me and everyone around them. man chefs are pretentious assholes.
>>
>>71003213
this really
>>
>when a theory doctorate had the gall to call the beatles the goat in my presence

not only does this laughable at best opinion totally negate theory in my eyes forever, but all of secondary education along with it
>>
>>71003286
well whats goat to you then mister man
>>
>>71003336
aerosmith
>>
>>71003336
trout mask reblica :DDDD
>>
>>71003286
knowing music theory won't change what you enjoy you dingus. That's not the point. it changes your view on what music "is" so to speak, drastically. at least it did for me.
>>
>>71003374
theorytrash then proceed to explicate the certain objectivity of their tastes in the concrete mysticism of their meme terminology
>>
>>71003452
You're mistaking people who think taste is objective with people who know music theory. They are not one in the same. Many, if not, the majority, of those people *don't* know theory.
>>
How do i learn music theory though ?
>>
>>71003452
a person who likes theory saying "i like that chord change" does not mean there is objectivity to their taste its just a more precise language so they dont have to go "i like that part where its like duhh nuhh nuhh like right before the chorus" they can go "woah that IV chord going minor before the chorus feels really good". to another person that might not feel good, but theres nothing wrong with knowing music language and using it to pinpoint why you feel certain ways about music. at the end of the day its all just feelings though
>>
>>71003528
It's more than just a precise language too. It's a lot of things but ultimately, without theory, many people are still aware of that fact that music (western music in particular) is a complex mathematical language. The problem is, without theory, you have know real understanding of the concept. Only someone who understands theory can realize the scope of it and what it looks in application, and you have to take into account, pretty much every single song you like uses many of the same concepts, despite how different they end up sounding. That's not an exaggeration.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.