[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me albums whose appeal only comes through several listens,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Yeezus.jpg (249KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yeezus.jpg
249KB, 1200x1200px
Recommend me albums whose appeal only comes through several listens, I love the feel of "why didn't I hear how good it was before".
>>
>wanting a contrived listening experience
>>
>>70987301
Visions by Grimes
>>
File: blonde on blonde.jpg (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
blonde on blonde.jpg
137KB, 300x300px
>>70987312
This is false. The more you listen to an album, the more you're able to notice every little complex thing about it. The depth of the instrumentation, the structure of songs, and all the different rhythmic changes. With the best albums its not until you've listened enough that it finally sinks in how good it is, like Blonde on Blonde for example. You're honestly listening to music the wrong way if you don't realize how important repeated listening is.
>>
>>70987369
>The more you listen to an album, the more you adapt to how shitty it is.
Fixed.
>>
File: maxresdefault (8).jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (8).jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>70987369
>>70987566
both of these things can happen

you can blind yourself to the flaws in the record & the power of nostalgia will probably make you enjoy an album more the more time you spend with it

or you enjoy it more/less (with good records, the former) with repeated listenings as you pick up more details

that being said, >>70987301
and >>70987354
are fucking garbage and your critical ears are undeveloped
>>
Loveless
>>
>>70987642
Thank you for your flaming hot opinions, I consider all of your favorite albums and musicians to be of substandard quality as well.
>>
>>70987301
Blurryface
>>
charles mingus- black saint and the sinner lady.
>>
>>70987642
>are fucking garbage and your critical ears are undeveloped
Get the fuck out of here, pleb. Visions is amazing you clearly didn't listen to it more than once. That's the whole point of this thread:
>albums whose appeal only comes through several listens

And before saying more embarrassing crap about this album, take a look here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_%28Grimes_album%29#Critical_reception
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visions_%28Grimes_album%29#Accolades
>>
The Seer, To Be Kind, The Glowing Man
>>
Musick to Play in The Dark 1 & 2
>>
>>70988020
take a look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome
>>
>>70988107
You idiot, you can't give yourself Stockholm syndrome.
>>
File: Lexemenomicon.jpg (2MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Lexemenomicon.jpg
2MB, 2400x2400px
>>70987301
>>
RAM by Daft Punk
>>
>>70988824
RAM sucks
>>
>>70988824
I loved RAM on the first listen desu, Human After All is the hard liquor of their discography.
>>
>>70987369
This
You haven't really heard an album until you've listened to it at least twice
>>
>>70988831
Listen to it as an album as if it weren't made by Daft Punk. Try to listen to the individual instruments too. It's pretty good.

>>70988862
It sounded too different when I first listened to it. Non of their albums have the same style but RAM was much more different than anything they've done and it threw me off. Listened to it again a few years later while I was trying to fall asleep and ended up listening to the entire album instead of sleeping. Pretty good desu.
>>
Pretty obvious but Kid A
>>
TLOP

not even joking
>>
>>70987301
Mate....I feel you, but some albums make their goodness OBVIOUS. Which is exactly what Yeezus did, damn....

>>70989552
I'd argue that TLOP was just as obvious as Yeezus, but I guess I'm such a big Kanye fan that I 'get' where he's at these days

>>70988904
>>70988831
RAM is one of my all-time favorite albums, not gonna lie. Its production is just so gorgeous, and really shows a lifetime of loving music and making music inspired by what they loved growing up. I loved what someone on this board said about how now they're making music that can get sampled in the future, instead of making music *out* of samples like they did.... so cool.
>>
>>70989552
I genuinely thought Ultralight Beam was the only worthwhile track after hearing TLOP for the first time. One month later and I'm unironically loving even Facts.
>>
>>70989659
>now they're making music that can get sampled in the future, instead of making music *out* of samples like they did
Wow never thought of it that way.
RAM was a disappointment when I first listened to it but it grew to be my favourite album of all time. If they don't tour Alive 2017 I'll be pretty sad.
>>
>>70989659
I guess it depends on the context and the listener's experience, Yeezus and TLOP could have been obviously good to you, but they're his most divisive albums for a reason, and that's the mainstream's audience unwillingness to commit.
>>
File: front.png (369KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
front.png
369KB, 600x600px
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.