[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask some one who has worked at a record store for 7 years anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Ask some one who has worked at a record store for 7 years anything.
I'm putting away vinyl all day today and I need a distraction.
>>
>>70965618
When did you realise that you sell an outdated form of music recording and could of better spent your time working in a multimedia store?
>>
>>70965653
It actually is a multimedia store, kiddo. Most record stores have to be to stay afloat.
>>
>>70965618
Do you get many hipsters? What do you think of them? Are they annoying? Do you enjoy their money? Etc
>>
What are some of the rarest records you have come across?
>>
>>70966134
We get a few of them a day and they tend to be the most argumentative ass holes ever. Things like "I bought this record twice from Urban Outfitters and it didn't work right so now I'm buying it from you." Then they bring it back because it's "low quality" when of course it's low quality; it's Bon Iver. Or their needle is fucked up because they have a record player for the trend and don't know shit about maintenance.
I enjoy money from anyone. But they tend to always have problems. Or cry about how we don't have Tigers Jaw in store.
>>
>>70965618
how does it feel that bandcamp steals ur jerb?
>>
hire me and i'll work for less than minimum wage
just give me some monies so my mom can get off my back
i would love to work at a record stre
>>
>>70966303
what are your other customers like?
>>
>>70966194
Record store day stuff is cool.
A first print Beatles "butcher" album, unopened.
Infected mushrooms album in mint condition.
That's just kind of off the top of my head.
>>
>>70966340
Is bandcamp sending out free vinyl now?
>>
>>70965618
What's it like to be stuck in a dead end job with no benefits and low pay for 7 years so far?
>>
>>70966451
I make okay money and have benefits. And I love my job. It's pretty sweet.
>>70966369
That's a broad question. I have a lot of older men who come in and like to try real hard to figure out a band I haven't listened to before.
A lot of teenage girls that come in for the novelty.
Drunks because there's a bar next door.
Young guys and girls who really are into niche stuff.
>>
>>70966503
what state are you in?
>>
>>70966545
I'm in Canada, actually.
>>
File: 100_0632-768x1024.jpg (206KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
100_0632-768x1024.jpg
206KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>70966649
I get the implication but ironically I'm a girl.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.