[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm writing an article for my school newspaper about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (68KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 350x350px
So I'm writing an article for my school newspaper about harsh noise since I've run out of ideas for things to write about, I've been listening to harsh noise for a couple weeks now, so I have a feel for it, I have the basics down like explaining noise music is and a semi-accurate description of how it sounds, but I need more and I came here for help because I know how informative you people are, how do you guys listen to harsh noise or noise music in general? Did it have an effect towards your mindset? Anymore info is appreciated. If I can I'll credit you guys and /mu/
>>
>>70963742
Definitely defer to Hybrid Noisebloom as the best the genre has to offer. Harsh noise music sounds very nihilistic to me, and can sometimes change my viewpoint to reflect that sound. Hope you have success with your article!
>>
>>70963742
Depending on the harsh noise, I find to be very meditative and anxiety relieving.
>>
a lot of people use it as a sort of 'palette cleanser', if that makes any sense.
>>
>>70963742
>how do you guys listen to harsh noise or noise music in general? Did it have an effect towards your mindset?

Well, like any other kind of music I've enjoyed over the years, harsh noise struck me the most. Obviously, not all noise is good. I've listened to lots of bands that fail miserably at it. But those are just a few.

I enjoy it just like any other extreme music genre (hardcore, metal, etc). I love the dynamics, textures and atmospheres that set a certain mood. What kind of mood? I can't exactly tell you why... it's fun and in some way, a stress reliever; it really helps. One of my favorite noise projects would be Macronympha, since they experimented with lots of tape manipulation. Pedestrian Deposit is also a personal favorite and a big influence in me, since this guy incorporated ambient interludes in noise, innovating the genre itself.

There's a world out there. It's fascinating.
>>
>>70964113
Does it give you a feeling of something like catharsis?
>>
>>70964450
It does, yes. Few noise bands/projects have managed to do this, in my own personal experience, of course. But that's not the only reason I listen to it, as I said earlier, it's fun or interesting "music" to me. There is something visceral and a lack of association with a period or any other genre.
>>
who are some artists that make good harsh noise?
>>
>>70964612
hanatarashi
>>
>>70964612
Circuit Wound
Ahlzagailzehguh
Mlehst
MSBR
Skin Crime
Sickness
Emil Beaulieau
Jason Crumer
>>
>>70964612
The Rita
Guilty Connector
>>
>>70963742
I use Pulse demon with earplugs to drown out conversations and be able to read books when I can't find a quiet place.
>>
>>70963742
Tell your mother she's a whore, you'll hear some harsh noise after that.
>>
It's good for stress relief and for ambiance
>>
>>70963742
i feel like everything i listen to sucks.. so i ended up at this one feminist show and this band called "twincest" played a harsh noise set. it was super dope, changed my life. now my favorite shit is harsh noise. i feel like everything else just doesnt compare anymore -tony
>>
>>70966539
seriously live harsh noise sets are the best. go see one OP
>>
As a pleb who thought noise was a meme, I'm surprised by how civil and informative this thread has been. Bumping for interest, keep it coming boys
>>
>>70966579
how do you find them? I live in toronto and don't know of any. I've seen a few good drone shows but I haven't found any pure noise
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.