/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't people talk about this more? Collapse The Light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Porcupine_tree_in_absentia.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Porcupine_tree_in_absentia.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
Why don't people talk about this more? Collapse The Light Into Earth is one of the best closers I've ever heard.
>>
>>70963064
It's fallen in my estimation over the years, I think he refined that sound better on Deadwing and FOABP, and in general I prefer Stupid Dream or his early Coma Divine era stuff anyway. Also 2 of the best songs were relegated to B-side status.
>>
Porcupine Tree is discussed semi regularly but people here really don't like Steve Wilsons lyrics
>>
File: lou-reed-4_zpsb678d617.jpg (10KB, 300x316px) Image search: [Google]
lou-reed-4_zpsb678d617.jpg
10KB, 300x316px
>>70963153
>"xbox is a god to me"
>>
File: 1999 Stupid Dream.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1999 Stupid Dream.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
90's PT is best PT
>>
>>70963143
I didn't really like FOABP that much. People talk about Anesthetize being the best PT song but I don't really get it.
>>
>>70963064
PT is one of my favorite bands, great production, but the lyrics though. They don't bother me as I listen to the melody more than the words, but I can see why it puts off some people. /mu/ loved PT 10 years ago, sadly, it's all Grimes and Death Grips posting now.
>>
>>70963064
This shit sounds so dated and it's only 15 years old.
>>
>>70963064
And here's your answer:
>>70963153
>>70963195
>>
File: Cover.jpg (700KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
700KB, 1000x1000px
>>70963210
This guy gets it
>>
>>70963640
Isn't there a waifu thread somewhere you're supposed to be posting in?
>>
>>70963064
Because

X B O X
B
O
X
>>
Xbox is a God to me isn't even that bad. Sound of Muzak is literally the pinnacle of lewronggeneration shite.
>>
>>70964442
I don't know if you lived in England in the late 90s/ early 00s (when that was written) but it was pretty grim m8. A dumping ground of 3rd rate boy/ girlband garbage, europop leftovers, teen idols and the beginnings of Pop Idol (which later became The X Factor). This is an era where Coldplay were actually probably the best thing on the radio. And it's still very much pre-internet in the way we know it now, it was much much harder to discover and acquire good music in the way it is now.

It's easy for you to sit there smugly going 'hurr lewronggeneration fag' when you have every album ever recorded available to you for free at the click of a button, a vast online ocean of reviews and recommedation services, and you can come here and discuss it with like-minded people. The world wasn't like that in 2001, and being frustrated with that was perfectly valid.
>>
>>70964596
http://www.onlineweb.com/theones/2000.htm

Yep this is exactly what I remember from growing up in this era - an onslaught of Steps, S Club, Westlife, Spice Girls, Five, Blue, Robbie Williams and novelty singles.

You can say the charts are garbage whatever era you go to, but nowadays there is literally no reason to hear chart music if you don't want to. I honestly don't even really know what's popular, I still think of Lady Gaga as a 'current artist'

Imagine living in a world where the above music is inescapable, and your alternative is... what exactly? NME pathetically flopping around in the graveyard of britpop? Kerrang fellating the likes of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park? Jesus, I'm actually glad I was still young enough not to care about music then. Imagine the horror of being in your mid-late teens in that era.
>>
The production is so boring on this.
>>
>>70964442
That song has pretty funny lyrics, especially the line about music of rebellion that is made by millionaires twice your age.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.