[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You understand that buying music does nothing but bolster the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 1486008069197.jpg (264KB, 1080x1319px) Image search: [Google]
1486008069197.jpg
264KB, 1080x1319px
You understand that buying music does nothing but bolster the record company's profits, right? If you want to support an artist, go see them on tour, or buy their merch, or find some other way to contribute to them directly, but you shouldn't feel bad about pirating the music itself. You're only ripping off people that are thousands of times more wealthy than you'll ever be, so don't sweat it.
>>
>implying anyone feels bad about pirating
>>
File: 1482330967117.jpg (133KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
1482330967117.jpg
133KB, 1240x827px
Yeah yeah whatever you say man lets just post more Gillies
>>
what about records labels run by the artists, idiot?
>>
>>70962660
Until every artist release on Bandcamp/Soundcloud you NEED record labels or you wouldn't know the music in your library
>>
>>70962660
Who is this
>>
>>70962660
>>70962674
Fuck off jews.

Buy music directly from artists and legit indie labels.
>>
do people still buy music
it's 2017

the mp3 is going to be dead in a year or 2
>>
>>70962780
Fuck yes.

Streaming is souless.
>>
>>70962780
Tapes and records nigga.

Fuck Holywood, fuck Sillicon Valley
>>
>>70962660
I like owning physical copies of my music. I don't care if you pirate, but these mental gymnastics that you use to justify pirating (something most people do btw) is just sad.
>"dude, you're supporting le record jew if you buy albums!"
>using jew to describe someone who bought something you were too cheap to buy in the first place
maybe just kill yourself OP
>>
File: civc_ek9_ep3.jpg (71KB, 650x283px) Image search: [Google]
civc_ek9_ep3.jpg
71KB, 650x283px
>>70962875
Oh I just thought of something OP. What about the fact that I mostly buy used CDs at Amoeba? What do you say about that? I didn't support any record companies I just bought a CD I liked. Go fuck yourself poorfag
>>
>>70962875
>>70962888
yes yes buying degradeable physical media is cool
good goy
>>
>>70962888
It's a shill.

They're trying to influence a move to streaming services so (((they)) can control the industry.
>>
Pirating is fine. For the amount of music the world sets a music fan up to consume in the 21st century, if you don't pirate, you have to be fairly wealthy. Roughly, 500 digital albums equate to 5,000 dollars spent. That's barely have 100 gigabytes of music, and suppose you're aiming to get entire discographies such as David Bowies, You're going to be spending at least 270 dollars. It's ridiculous.

However, I'm all for supporting smaller artists when I can. Whenever I enjoy an album off of Bandcamp I usually pay up, or even if it's name your own price I donate a little bit. It just isn't economical to pay for music, being that I actively consume new music everyday. It wouldn't be responsible.
>>
>>70962917
You're not slick.
>>
>>70962935
>Pirating is fine.
Fuck off fake disinfo shill.

Stealing from artists is despicable.

And streaming services pay artists poverty wages.

Fuck corporations in general.

Buy directly from artists and real indie labels.
>>
>>70962935
meant to say equal, not equate :'(. Knock me down guys.
>>
Dimp tidal. Dump spotify. Dump Youtube.
>>
>>70962958
You're essentially telling me not to be as much a music fan as I am then lol. It's like you're pretending that artists don't make the majority of their money from live performance, and that I didn't say that I support smaller artists. Either you're wealthy enough to buy music all the time, or you don't consume new music every day or own a large library of music.
>>
>>70962958
CONT., times are changing. People don't buy CD's and records sparsely like they used to. They might listen to multiple new albums a day, then some. I know this is true based on this board. New albums are shared everyday, new opinions on new albums. All year long, every year. You think the majority of these people purchase these albums? It isn't responsible.
>>
>>70962997
I'd rather have a clear conscience and a real relationship with 25 records, then the mindless hum of streaming/pirated music that I don't even care enough about to support the artists who made them.

Pirating is anti-music. Streaming is anti-music.

It lays the groundwork for soulless and corrupt corporate culture.
>>
>>70963023
Nigga please. You're blowing a lot of hot air but ain't saying shit.
>>
>>70962822
unless you're buying the tapes and records directly from the artist, in person, at a show, you might as well be streaming for how little money they're going to see

>>70962813
i mean i agree but that doesn't mean we have any choice in the market economy. capitalism is autonomous
>>
i like to buy music because you have to put more thought into what actually want, what you like etc.

unlike just download everything that there is than brag about your huge backlog and gigantic library.

but ye i wouldnt give money to some major label shit act.
>>
>>70962925
This is the truth. There are shills on here working hard to promote piracy and strwaming bullshit for a reason.

The mainstream music industry (cult) is corrupt as fuck.
>>
>>70963072
>clear conscience
>real relationship
LOL as if you know my relationship with my music. I suppose you're right. I guess being insecure about how much music one consumes is the way to go.

>>70963088
the irony.
>>
>>70963111
I'm buying tapes/records from artists and legit indie labels. Artists are seeing at least 50%

Streaming services rape artists. They pay artists jack shit.

But you know that shill.
>>
>>70963136
Fuck off Schlomo. Go molest a kid or something.
>>
>>70962660
>thousands of times more wealthy than you'll ever be

sure thing bud
>>
File: uBmvByB.jpg (93KB, 1080x862px) Image search: [Google]
uBmvByB.jpg
93KB, 1080x862px
>>70962760
>doesn't know gillies
>>
>>70963158
Congratulations on losing.
>>
>>70963298
That would be you schlomo.

Your whole corrupt culture is about to be expelled from this country.
>>
>>70963145
i don't buy or stream music

artists don't see 50% from indie labels. they have to pay the label back for putting out the tape and doing PR for them. even the money artists make selling their music in tapes/records on their own bandcamp pages usually goes to paying back the label.
i am in a band on my friend's label and it's still impossible to avoid this nonsense. even cool people with anti-capitalist politics still do this, it's the way the business works.
>>
>>70963385
>schlomo
How? Am I feeding into some weird fever dream?
>>
I don't mind supporting labels, it'd be harder to find good music without them.
>>
>>70963187
>100k a year
>Why would I lie on the internet?
>>
>>70963187
>taking hyperbole literally

I'm sure glad I don't have autism.
>>
>>70963387
>artists don't see 50% from indie labels

Yes they do. 50/50 split has been standard practice at any reputable indie label since the 80s.

Stop lying faggot.

No one wants your shitty corporate culture.
>>
>>70962958
What about if the artist is dead? Who would you be supporting then other than the record company?
>>
>>70963072
>Pirating is anti-music. Streaming is anti-music.
And people from third world countries would know about new artists how (if it wasn't for piracy)?
>>
>>70963745
I'm more tolerant with shit like that. Especially if it was released by a corporation, because they won't pay royalties anyway (and 1/2 the time prob killed the artist)
>>
>>70963783
They should have their own fucking cultures.

Not Hollywood cultural imperialism.
>>
>>70963783

people from third world countries need to worry how to get food/water not finding some hot new artist
>>
>>70963805
And your opinion should be what the world follows right?
>>
>>70963818
Not every third world country is comprised of African tribes. There are third world countries in Europe for example in which artists perform.
>>70963805
You shouldn't listen to any music that isn't made in the country you live in? All right...
>Not Hollywood cultural imperialism.
Not everyone wants to listen to top 40.
>>
>>70963843
Fuck off Schlomo. It's over.
>>
>>70963851
No nigga. Buy you certainly don't need piracy and shitty streaming services to acomplish this.

Fuck off with your globalist propaganda.
>>
>>70963884
Exactly. Alan Bishop alone is doing a better job of that, than fucking Tidal or whatever.

The mainstream music industry (at this point synonymous with Sillicon Valley) and their shills itt are fucking shameless.
>>
>>70963884
>No nigga. Buy you certainly don't need piracy and shitty streaming services to acomplish this.
And what do you propose? Not hearing any music that doesn't come from the country you're in and not eventually supporting artists that go on tour in your country?
>Fuck off with your globalist propaganda.
What globalist propaganda? I said this:
>Not everyone wants to listen to top 40.
And that's where you draw the conclusion about globalist propaganda?
>>
>>70963953
Top 40 dosn't exist anymore and hasn't in some time.

And there are botique record labels all over the place and there have been for a LONG time.

You're full of shit.

Stop shilling for (((Silicon Valley))) and a centralized corporate controlled music industry.

You fool no one.
>>
>>70963953
How many times do you need to be exposed as a shill and a liar?

>muh 50/50 split doesn't exist

Fuck you. Fuck Holywood. Fuck Silicon Valley. Fuck Facebook. Fuck Live Nation. Fuck the Grammeys. Fuck Pirchfork. etc. etc.

All of you parasites are about finished.
>>
>>70964005
>Top 40 dosn't exist anymore and hasn't in some time.
http://top40.about.com/od/popmusic101/tp/majorlabels.htm
>And there are botique record labels all over the place and there have been for a LONG time.
>You're full of shit.
Really? And how many people in third world countries buy vinyls or CDs as opposed to how many would go to a concert if an artist they like has a tour in their country?
>Stop shilling for (((Silicon Valley))) and a centralized corporate controlled music industry.
>You fool no one.
What is wrong with you? I'm literally opposed to top 40 and pop music and you accuse me of shilling for the music industry? Not to mention that I'm not from the US, let alone the continent.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.