[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1436567258501.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1436567258501.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the next century and beyond?
>>
Death Grips obviously
>>
I hope to god 4chan doesn't last that long.
>>
>>70957912
I don't mean 'we' as in 4chan I meant 'we' as in the music sphere in general
>>
File: 6 dogs no savage thumbnail 3.jpg (469KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6 dogs no savage thumbnail 3.jpg
469KB, 1280x720px
Sadstro
>>
Kanye West obviously.
>>
>>70958311
Barely anyone is fucking talking about Sadstro now
>>
>>70958423
No one talked about The Velvet Underground originally, but just look at their legacy now.
>>
>>70958492
OP asked for bands we'd "still" be talking about, not "will" be talking about
>>
What bands from 1917 and before do people still talk about today?
>>
>>70957898
xxxtentacion
>>
The Beatles just because of how big they were

Hendrix will slowly become a mythical guitar god who nobody is sure really existed
>>
Only how Robyn seized control of her talent, while clods of her ilk died off long before.. Body Talk.
>>
maybe Daft Punk
>>
>>70958588
Regardless of OP's intent, sadstro is bound for success. The people of /mu/ are just too dumb to not see how great he is.
>>
>>70957909
As much as faggots here treat it as a "meme" of sorts, this much is true.

>>70957898
Batlord.
>>
Anyone who has influenced music and culture so much that newer generations don't learn about them first, they hear their music and go "Oh, that's them? That too? And that?" For me that was The Beatles. Growing up I knew about the "guys crossing the crosswalk" but didn't know that was Abbey Road until I was 8 or 9. I didn't care about George Harrison's death when he died (I was 11 at the time), but when I went through his discography last year I felt retroactive sadness.

So it's a chicken vs. egg thing. We'll still be talking about whatever band because they had a huge impact and invented so many new things. I still can't believe that The Beatles did everything they did in a 10 year span.
>>
What bands do you think we will still be talking about into the next century and beyond?:

A few

Scorpions Listening to:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r40c4tsqQ0 Imblindsided, its good to.
>>
The Beatles, obviously. Like it or not, they are effectively the Shakespeare of music. Will be studied for centuries, especially the cultural impact they had, if not also the music itself.
>>
contron and maybe tegan and sara?
>>
Or Maybe Tarja or something else we have no idea about..

Tarja=Original nightwish singer https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tarja
>>
>>70958620
ANNE ERIN ANNE ERIN HOLYY SHIT WHY DID YOU STOP POSTING ON /TV/ WHYYYYYY
>>
Stop drop and roll
>>
some thoughts based on the history of jazz

This year marks the 100th anniversary of the first jazz recording and The Original Dixieland Jazz Band still gets mentioned in this context, although their relevance is strongly tied to being the "first" in something a pretty clearly defined way.

So if some new paradigm how music is listened to, presented or marketed - whoever are the biggest names in the change will be remembered, but at least so far the move from physical albums to digital and streaming hasn't really changed music that much.

Louis Armstrong's Hot Five and Hot Seven from the mid 20's still get the occasional mention even on /mu/ , so something that's universally considered to be influential in a genre or style that still exists in the future may well be still talked about in the next century, but it has to be something that's a game changer now in a style that is still alive.
>>
the Beatles
>>
>>70957898
Technically a solo artist, but still...

G R I M E S
>>
>>70957898
Bands of musicians don't get discussed into eternity. Individual musicians do, however.

The Beatles - who will undoubtedly still be discussed in the far future - are the one exception. Why? Because virtually everybody who knows of them knows specifically of the four guys who were members.
>>
MJ
>>
File: kanye en vélo.jpg (71KB, 673x960px) Image search: [Google]
kanye en vélo.jpg
71KB, 673x960px
>>70958325
True
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.