[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any of you often get confused when being asked about your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0528.jpg (61KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0528.jpg
61KB, 500x345px
any of you often get confused when being asked about your favourite band ?

like, ok, maybe not confused but like, i've listened to a lot of patrician bands and some of them impressed me, like "this is my kind of music, matches my outfit too". but when people ask me about my favourite band, i can only remember Radiohead, even though i don't really listen to them anymore. i can't remember my post-4chan bands. i hope there are people who are like me.
>>
>>70953672
Weird. If you really get that question that often, then choose one of your actual favorite bands and answer that every time without stopping to think too much.
Also
>matches my outfit
>>
>>70953672
No idea what you're on about m8.
I'm more of a "favourite albums" kind of person, but I can remember my favourite artist just fine. Arca.
Though if they actually meant bands specifically, it would be Liars.
>>
>>70953672
What are you even trying to say?
>>
>post-4chan bands
what

besides, just stoop somewhat to your friends taste or whatever. if their tastes are really pedestrian like Twentyone Pilots, then just don't say anything, or say you like the Beatles or something

why do we have to explain this social shit to you, get a fucking grip
>>
>>70953748
yeah but like, i should be able to remember the bands that i recently like. idk, i never actually liked the bands, i just liked some albums. even i can't remember the albums. they're just like "oh yes, i can swallow /mu/'s patrician album easily. i'm proud that i'm like them. this isn't bad."

i don't think i actually like music, i think i've been using them as accessories to accompany my outfit and just my self image in general.

like "it'd be cool if they see me in this outfit and know that i like brian eno." idk man i'm starting to like music less and less. discovering music became almost like a chore to me recently, but if i don't do that, i can't stand looking at my library
>>
>>70953800
>why do we have to explain this social shit to you
maybe because i'm not good at all at this thing
>>
>>70953846
This is top tier bait. Saved, you fucking retard.
>>
now that you've had time to talk about it, who else would you say besides radiohead?

have you just not genuinely felt attached to anything since then?
>>
>>70953893
no please, why are the responses always like this ? i'm being brutally honest here, i know how wrong i am and i hope someone can help me change.

>>70953912
idk, Tortoise i guess ? and Brian Eno. but i sometimes yawn listening to them. but like "wow this is good" but i can't listen to them for more than 30 minutes focusing on the music. i just know what's good what's bad that's all

>have you just not genuinely felt attached to anything since then?
yes, nothing
>>
yes op I'm the same
>>
you need therapy
>>
>>70954000
tell me more
>>
>>70953846
Try going back to Radiohead. Maybe your mind is telling you that they're your real favorite band, lol.
>>
that is a very difficult question to answer, because they are not even a "band" to begin with. they are a conceptual art exhibition anchored by sound and vision
>>
>>70954182
i can't, i shouldn't. it's not the kind of self that i want to be
>>
>>70954231
Ah, there you go. Give it, up. That "self that I want to be" bs is so pernicious, specifically for yourself. I used to have an idealized image of that kind too (although it was much less faggier than yours) and trying to force myself into it almost killed all my drive. There are ways to be better with little increments and that go in well proved ways, don't just try to be cool, because you'll always be a liar in your own eyes.
>>
>>70954453
but if not music, i don't have anything else. i don't like anything else about myself. this has to be something that i'm can do better than anyone around me.
>>
>>70954534
why are you so competitive in this? no one cares what music you like or what outfit "matches" you. Please, instead of dwelling on the trivial game of "who has the best music taste" just listen to what you think is good music and quit complaining.
>>
>>70954534
Agh man, wtf. Assuming this is not bait, maybe seek psychological help, because your hobby is actually building an image of being better than everyone else in something. That's clearly not healthy, but I can't help you over these posts.
>>
>Not having a favourite

Fucking hell. How can you be this fucking nu. Everyone has a favourite something.
>>
i'd probably just say i dont know lol

or just name something random that they've heard of like led zeppelin or ac/dc
>>
>>70954747
but people do judge based on that, and i want people to put me in some particular category that i'd like to be seen as, you know. idk what's good anymore now, i almost dislike music now. it's exhausting, i always avoid listening to the plebeian bangers that i used to enjoy.

also when i listen to music, i always fantasize performing it in front of people that i wish i could impress. anyone else is the same ?
>>
catalogue your music in some way, this helps me remember things. RYM is really useful in this regard.
>>70954804
I listen to a fuck ton of music and have all my life, I don't have a favorite band. I have a few bands I love that are in my highest tier, but not really a singular favorite.
>>
File: nope.gif (1MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
nope.gif
1MB, 384x288px
>having one favorite band
>having one favorite album
>>
File: 1374108214873.jpg (64KB, 441x705px) Image search: [Google]
1374108214873.jpg
64KB, 441x705px
>>70955492
>having one favorite song
>>
>>70954804
I can narrow down to 4 artists, literally impossible for me to pick between them.
>>
i have some bands i would easily claim as a favorite, but for the sake of seeking an intermediate point i mostly answer "radiohead" despite not listening to them much these days cause there are higher chances of the other person recognizing it, rather than having to explain what noise rock, post-hardcore or post-punk or whatever are (which happens with the others).

always best to have the other person responding first to adapt your answer imo
>>
seek help
>>
>>70953846
post fit (srs)

also if you don't like music that much stop listening to it so much
and if they ask you your favorite bands you don't have to answer that exact question, you could just say something like "Oh, I can't pick, but recently I've been enjoying ____ and ____ a lot."
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.