[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://pitchfork.com/news/71537-fa ther-john-misty-i-rid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9368.jpg (32KB, 712x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9368.jpg
32KB, 712x400px
>http://pitchfork.com/news/71537-father-john-misty-i-ride-for-nickelback/

God, he is such a douchebag
>>
Was that not immediately apparent?
>>
you_dont_say.jpg
>>
>>70953179

do you think he's pissed that indie was already well into dying out in popularity when he finally had a somewhat known name in it?
>>
We already had this thread yesterday. Plus it's pretty obvious that that's the case, there's not a whole lot to discuss.
>>
>directly linking pitchfork
>caring about what father john misty thinks

the music industry is a dying thing, these guys are just trying to tread water with their posturing
>>
File: 1372422633322.jpg (68KB, 630x370px) Image search: [Google]
1372422633322.jpg
68KB, 630x370px
>>70953351
>>70953179

F
>>
>>70953351
>the music industry is dying

based on literally what
>>
>>70953439
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>70953179
This guy went from nobody to indie superstar over night and since that happened he has consistently received lots and lots of coverage from pitchfork. Him and Lana Del Rey are the definition of INDUSTRY PLANT. Like Lana, he has a pretentious "2cool4school" persona that feels like it was cynically manufactured to appeal to tumblr teenagers.
>>
>>70953719
yeah i guess.

at the end of the day they both make sounds that go into your ears and either you like them or you dont
>>
>>70953179

>the edgy posturing in that photo

imagine being this much of a wanker

y i k e s
>>
File: 12874624.png (64KB, 780x582px) Image search: [Google]
12874624.png
64KB, 780x582px
>>70953462
Total conjecture, you have no idea what you're talking about. The music industry makes no less money, it has simply begun to focus its attention towards live music performances and concerts rather than physical music media. Even despite that, and while not surpassing the spike of CD consumption in the late 90s and early 2000s, the music industry is still currently making a comparable amount to the early 90s and more than the 80s from music media sales and has been doing so steadily for the past half decade.
>>
>>70953179
Reminder (((FJM))) is a globalist plant. Dude is a complete fraud.
>>
>>70953841
The mainstream music industry isn't really a business. It's a propaganda agency.
>>
>>70953841
streaming barely compensates the artists, touring is barely enough, even more so when there are so many other distractions and entertainment that's not worth the price so people don't really crave the human contact

it's definitely on the decline. i'm hardly the nostalgic one, but the only decent music that surfaces is stuff on soundcloud or what not, and even that's quite lacking. it's mostly erudite shit
>>
>>70954198
Correct. Don't believe that anon.

The music industry has been dead for some time.

What's left isn't really a business.

Festivals, streaming services etc. serve to spread propaganda and crush indie culture.

(and yeah FJM is a fraud)
>>
>>70954198
>It's definitely on the decline

Oh. I thought I had just provided statistical factual evidence to the contrary, but if you say so dude.
>>
>>70954282
you provided a fucking (((graph))) you phony ass nigga.
>>
>>70954238
>>70954198
The reason why it's on a decline is because nobody is making incredible music. It's all derivative bullshit, you can tell these artists are mainly focusing on getting an audience than focusing on the quality of their music. We memed CSH into the industry because /mu/tants connected with the music. It's that kind of connection that can start a renaissance of independent music. CSH isn't the best example though because he sold out quick and is now mainstream.
>>
Does he exist for any reason other than to be lusted after by 2nd year college girls trying to be intellectual?
>>
>>70954323
Yes, I did. A sourced graph created by the RIAA, i.e the body responsible for creating manufacturing and distributing over 85% of legally sold music in America, i.e the only body with the statistics and records to actually back up a point about western music media consumption.

What have you got, your opinion? Lmfao.
>>
*breathes in*
>dude irony
>dude smoking
>dude beards
>dude indie folk
>dude pitchfork
>dude nickelback
>>
>>70954410
i miss when he used to make fun of this fact
he takes himself way too seriously now
>>
incoming 9.3
>>
>>70954370
I mean, kinda at best.

It's on the decline because it's been taken over.

What's left of the music industry is colluded garnage.

Streaming services pay artists poverty wages.

Festival culture is a soulless sham.

How is this conducive to good work?

The kids of today should rise up again and DIY like it was 1977.
>>
>>70954439
bwahahah....you literal idiot. The music industry (RIAA etc.) is corrupt as all fuck. Don't believe a word they say or any 'numbers' they put out. It's HORSEHSHIT.
>>
>>70954485
at least... the same people are behind FJM and p4k.
>>
>>70953179

He's probably a douche, but what's wrong in what he has said in that Pitchfork article? Not jumping on the whole "nickelback worst band ever" bandwagon is cool in my book.
He's right about "How you remind me": it's a legitimate good song.
>>
>>70954739
>He's probably a douche,
he doesn't act on his own volition. He's an (((agent))).
>>
>>70954542
Wow, dope opinion, as usual with literally nothing to back it up.
>>
>>70954892
unlike some (((statistics))) from the fucking RIAA?

They're about as valid at the political (((polls))) we got for the last 18 months.
>>
>>70954943
>>
>>70953179

How many more layers of irony can Father John Industry Plant wrap himself in?
>>
>>70955071
as opposed to 'data' from parties that have been PROVEN to be corrupt?
>>
>>70955089
right? does anyone believe anything that comes from Hollywood Jews at this point?
>>
>>70955089
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.