[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to their inability to feel empathy, can people with autism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: le musical tard.png (111KB, 261x279px) Image search: [Google]
le musical tard.png
111KB, 261x279px
Due to their inability to feel empathy, can people with autism truly appreciate music? Do they only listen to brostep? Even Aphex Twin might be too much for them.
>>
File: burial-untrue.jpg (184KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
burial-untrue.jpg
184KB, 1000x1000px
I was thinking this but it's too organic, it needs to be rigid and emotionless. Maybe Kraftwerk?
>>
>>70936463
I worked with a few autistic kids in my job (a work in a school). They most are likely to appreciate big souds, like orchestras. But, each person is gonna be different, normally depends on what their parents are listening
>>
>>70936463
Is that you to the left OP, because you talk like it
>>
>>70936463
>High school
>We had an aux chord that the Seniors could use to play music during the lunch hour.
>However, since the special ed kids got let to lunch five minutes early the kid with down's syndrome always got the cable.
>Five times a week for an entire school year we would get to hear his ipod
>His ipod contained only one album
>"When the Sun Goes Down," the third studio album by Selena Gomez and the Scene
>I-I love you like a love song baby
>And your music makes my heart go beep-beep-beep-beep-beep
>Can't take it anymore
>March
>I fake a stomach problem in class so that I can get to the lunch hall before he does
>Finally, its all my own.
>I choke- what if the other kids don't like my music?
>Play Bohemian Rhapsody and the Beatles for the whole hour
>Realize that I've been a huge faggot this whole time
>Never challenge the down's kid for the aux cable again
>>
>>70938959
hahaha
>>
>>70936463
I am autistic and I listen to classical, prog rock, punk and some metal
>>
>>70936463
autistic people love textures, so they're probably big Tim Hecker fans
>>
>>70938970
haha autist
>>
>>70938881
so, prog. rock? makes sense, that genre is for the biggest autismos
>>
>>70938959
>tfw the down syndrome guy has better musical than you
>>
>implying you need to feel empathy to listen to aphex twin, let alone any music at all
>>
>>70936463
Neurotypicals take drugs then listen to dance music. Autists compose fugues.
>>
>>70936463
You know nothing about autism or an autistic persons choice or taste in music. KYS!
>>
File: 1477175302736.png (308KB, 492x419px) Image search: [Google]
1477175302736.png
308KB, 492x419px
>>70936463
Well, I've got Aspergers Syndrome and I do truly appreciate music. I think my autism makes me more able to enjoy music due to my attention to detail.
>>
yes>>70936463
>>
Off course not
http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=334325&sid=ed142313419402e5c28879918cf9782e
>>
(((empathy)))
>>
>>70941180
Couldn't that also make you enjoy music less? Paying extra close to detail in music could very well make you not enjoy the music if it's not perfect I'd feel like
>>
i know a sperg/ocd/tourette's girl that literally only listens to k. flay, billy talent, and nit grit
>>
>>70941347
That's true. I usually enjoy "good" music more than people usually do, and I dislike "bad" music more than most people do aswell.
>>
>>70938936
xD u retarded luulll
>>
For the most part it isn't really a lack of empathy, just difficulty empathizing.
>>
>>70936463
>Due to their inability to feel empathy, can people with autism truly appreciate music?
22 replies and nobody called OP an idiot yet? autists can feel empathy. sociopaths cannot. you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>70942338
also the person in the pic has downs not autism.
op is actually the most retarded person being discussed here, and it's a literal thread about autists.
>>
They like prog metal. They really like prog metal. Any aspies wanna back me up on this?
>>
My aspergic friend only listens to the Man of Steel and Skyrim soundtracks

so no
>>
>>70938959
>Play Bohemian Rhapsody and the Beatles for the whole hour

Did you browse 9gag around this time?
>>
>>70936463
>Due to their inability to feel empathy, can people with autism truly appreciate music?
>implying their lack of empathy isn't social
Is that a pic of you OP?
>>
>>70942662
yeah
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.