[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't seen this album being talked about even once. What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: cover.jpg (103KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
103KB, 600x600px
Haven't seen this album being talked about even once. What do you think about it?
>>
I think you're new.
It's the NLDW of Godspped's discography.
>>
It's still a solid album but really sticks out as different (not in a good way) than their other albums. Feels like a few ideas stretched too far into a new type of songwriting (developed instead of vignette-based, which they would do much more successfully with Allelujah)
Contrarians will say it's a hidden gem.
>>
>>70935956
I love it as much as I loved NLDW, it's just that I see a lot of people talking about LYSFLATH and FA ∞ that it made me question how much of them have listened to this one.
Personally, I find it really enjoyable, although it may be hard to get into it in one listen.
>>
This album is often talked about.

It's great, didn't find it that good at first but it grew on me. Also one of the few products of its time (Bush era) that don't suck.
>>
The worst GY!BE album.
It is still above-average post-rock tho.
>>
This album is my fav

>>70935956
MLDW is my fav DG album
And this is my favorite godspeed album
>>
For me the problem is that while it's enjoyable to listen to, there's not much that really stays with me after I listen to it. Al their other albums have those "holy shit" moments (the shoegaze section of Sleep, the frenzy in Mladic, you know them all) where this really didn't. The best moments on YUXO are like the pretty good moments on their other albums.
>>
>>70936075
its like the song static, except its longer and worse. but still very very good. the crescendos arent as prolific as on LYSF
>>
I like the cover
>>
>>70935947
I think it's Godspeed's best album easily, fantastic record.

>>70936075
What about the end of the album (Motherfucker=Redeemer Part 2)? Or the bombardment on Rocket Falls?
>>
>>70936160
>>70936075
i sort of agree with both of you. While the highs arent as high as a lot of the highs on Antennas and FA infinity, the overall consistency of the album reminds me more of a comfy movie soundtrack. my favorite godspeed album but i see where it has its weaknesses.
>>
>>70935947
It's good. Although it's message is basically FUCK BUSH! but it gets a pass because that was actually a controversial stance in 2002.
>>
>>70935956
I'd say it's the GP of their discography, still great, but not the underrated 10/10 masterpiece contrarians are always hyping it up to be.
>>
File: cover.jpg (506KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
506KB, 1000x1000px
>>70936135
But every Godspeed cover is top tier.
They are the masters of anarchojewish aesthetics.
>>
Their F#a#infinity album is the gltteriest candywrapper in the stormdrain.
>>
>>70935947
Pretty boring except for Rockets
>>
2nd best godspeed album
>>
>>70936045

>worst

he didnt post Asunder
>>
Best production. Thank you Albini.
>>
>>70936548
Asunder is the pinnacle of neo-GY!BE.
Literally kill yourself.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
>>70936566
It was produced by Albini?
THAT'S WHY IT SOUNDS LIKE FUCKING GARBAGE
FUCKING ALBINI STOP FUCKING UP EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH
>>
>>70936417
That's basically what I was trying to say.
ty
>>
>>70935947
I don't even know what the name of the album is or who it's by and even I know just from the front cover that it's talked about constantly senpai
>>
>>70935947
good but forgettable except for those drums on motherfucker=redeemer
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.