[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could had they gone any other way? I mean... where do you go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1772.jpg (43KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1772.jpg
43KB, 500x499px
Could had they gone any other way? I mean... where do you go from Sister Ray? Such a career ending change but ended up being one of the best albums ever. Damn they are the GOAT.

>best track
After Hours

>worst track
That's the story of my life
>>
>John leaves
>become normal rock band
>>
They could have re-recorded some unused tracks and release them as a proper album instead of this mediocre piece of shit.
>>
>>70927873
By kicking john cale out
>>
>>70927873
he could have held a guitar on the cover

they could have totally become more of a krautrock style band if Reed and Cale got along. combine Reed's Metal Machine Music sensibility and Cale's penchant for weird-ass shit and still try to be a rock band and they could have done greater things I think

that said the self-titled is great, Loaded has it's moments so they did pretty good
>>
what do you guys think of The Murder Mistery? i'ts my favorite track from the album
>>
>>70928215
>they could have totally become more of a krautrock style band
You know that TVU was the biggest influence on krautrock, right?
>>
>>70928215

also reminding that Tony Conrad who came out of the same Dream Syndicate scene as Cale with a similar interest in drone music, but IMHO a clearly lesser talent recorded an album with Faust:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGMnDcwoXns

I don't think there's any question that instead of going the way they did, VU could have easily spearheaded an american krautrock scene if Reed and Cale had got along and the money had been there
>>
>>70928246
there absolutely was a strong influence - just saying that VU could well have continued in the direction that Can and Faust went in the 70's and them being the precursors and strongly tied to the roots makes that clear

to respond to OPs "Could had they gone any other way?" - yes, obviously
>>
>>70928278
>american krautrock scene
lmao
>>
>>70927873
How bad was the John Cale/Lou Reed rivalry? Which member was the most essential?
>>
>>70928410
Both as essential I would say
Lou would come into the studio with the main riff
Lou Cale and Sterling would mess around with that until they got something.
Lou would create the lyrics
Cale would added his experimental side, usually viola
>>
i want a timeline where john cale gets his underwater amps
>>
>>70928451
Cale's home recordings from the time show that it was Reed who made it a rock band, but Cale was bringing in the weird shit that made it interesting

Cale and Sterling Morrison recorded this in ~1965 before VU&N recording
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDBMiS4XkA

and this in 1967 two months after VU&N was released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LLSfk6Jec
>>
>>70928836
I know mate, that's what I said
Also volume II dream interpretation is the best
>>
>>70928866
right on - in any case VU could have become more like that
>>
>>70928902
I would have loved that. A poppy version of theatre of eternal music would have been great
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.