[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i sent phil elverum an email what do you think are the chances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

if i sent phil elverum an email what do you think are the chances that he would respond
>>
http://www.stereogum.com/1473342/phil-elverum-to-dissatisfied-customer-i-make-art-not-pants/news/

He'll just call you out and publicly shame you.

What would you email him about?
>>
>>70918754
corny stuff like saying thanks for the music and the inspiration and stuff.
>>
File: Dan&Tim.jpg (53KB, 500x375px)
Dan&Tim.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>70918766
He seems like a sweet guy, and I'm sure it would be appreciated. But ever since his wife passed away, he kinda seems like a wildcard.

I've written to a couple musicians before, but Dan Barrett was the only one who responded. I'd say go for it OP, you have nothing to lose really.
>>
>>70918783
that was my thought. phil has been the only musician that i genuinely felt the urge to contact. and i think it would be nice to say some choice words to him even if i wont get a response.
>>
>>70918747
claim to be the father of his late wife's child and say you're sorry for going behind his back and you feel bad about what happened

100% chance
>>
>>70918824
lol i want his response to not be publicly shaming me
>>
>>70918783
What did you write to Dan about? What was his response?
>>
>>70918747
you'd be surprised. i remember messaging well known artists on myspace 10 years ago or so. just saying thanks for their music, blahblah, most happily replied.
>>
>>70918857
This was a while ago.

I asked him if we would ever get a Giles Corey vinyl record, and he said yes. What he didn't tell me was that it'd cost over $70 to buy and ship it to me, but that's okay I don't blame him.

I also told him that I really applicate his music and that it helped me a lot in life, he said thank you and that was that. Nice guy.
>>
>>70918916
He seems nice.
>>
>>70918887
those myspace accounts were controlled by the record companies
>>
File: weatherradio.jpg (83KB, 551x634px) Image search: [Google]
weatherradio.jpg
83KB, 551x634px
Need to find a better recording of Lanterns where Phil forces the audience to chant the chorus during the entire song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw_R3MFXNf0
>>
>>70919215
a lot of the bigger ones were, but there were a few who were active on social media back then
>>
Phil seems like a guy who feels guilty about wasting too much time doing something unproductive like skimming through emails way too often.

Then again, I am projecting pretty hard.
I'm sure he'll respond If you send a genuine enough message.
>>
File: mask.jpg (155KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
155KB, 800x800px
>>70918747
send him an email wearing a Genevieve mask.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.