[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i give up on experimental or patrician music. i see no point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: a-ha.jpg (40KB, 475x300px) Image search: [Google]
a-ha.jpg
40KB, 475x300px
i give up on experimental or patrician music. i see no point in "enhancing" my music IQ. i'm gonna start accepting the fact that i'm a pleb and i can only enjoy 80s pop/ballad/new wave like the police or toto or bryan adams. i'm no artist i'm no philosopher and i have to stop overcompensating.

i can't stop listening to this. i think this song shouldn't be about love, it should be about sadness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6TtwR2Dbjg
>>
well i still find dark jazz and dark ambient enjoyable sometimes. but i can't get into art rock or experimental shit anymore. it's not for me and i feel bad for it sometimes
>>
>falling for the patrician music meme
>>
>>70879086
>dark jazz
ah so like fedohren and der club of bore?
>>
>>70879174
yes. i find those music feel less pretentious and juvenile but still challenging
>>
>>70879174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvAtGjZc_sc
>>
>>70879201
>yes. i find those music feel less pretentious and juvenile but still challenging
Juvenile? What? If any genre music is known to be oriented to teenagers, it would be rock music (not all subgenres obviously). And what's even more, jazz is mostly instrumental. How is that pretentious? It's not like you're listening to free jazz either. I really don't understand your reasoning.
>>
the police are fucking great, no shame in that
>>
>>70879356
music can be easy and comforting, OR challenging and impressive. both can be either juvenile and mature. juvenile challenging music is like noise and mathcore, mature challenging music is like jazz etc.
>>
>>70879356
I'm not saying that any genre of music is pretentious, I'm implying that dark jazz and ambient music isn't inaccessible.
>>
>>70879070
>i give up on experimental or patrician music. i see no point in "enhancing" my music IQ. i'm gonna start accepting the fact that i'm a pleb and i can only enjoy 80s pop/ballad/new wave like the police or toto or bryan adams.
Being a musician certainly helps you to enjoy and appreciate experimental music, but it seems that you're taking discussions on here too seriously.
>i'm no artist i'm no philosopher and i have to stop overcompensating.
And what is this supposed to mean? Go educate yourself, learn more about your favorite genres of music, learn some music theory if you want. You can't learn talent and create memorable music, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying what's already been created.
>>
>>70879460
what i meant is that i used to be very keen on getting into experimental music or other patrician music because i feel like it increases my self worth. having obscure music taste made me feel like i'm slightly better than other people, that's why. discovering music has been exhausting as fuck.
>>
>>70879504
>what i meant is that i used to be very keen on getting into experimental music or other patrician music because i feel like it increases my self worth. having obscure music taste made me feel like i'm slightly better than other people, that's why.
Again, you're taking discussions on here way too seriously. What you described isn't how real world works. And this board isn't always a good representation of reality, give that the majority of people here don't play any instruments. That's not a bad thing, but boosting your ego while feeling superior to people on an anonymous image board is not how it works. Not to mention that you won't actually meet any posters in real life.
>>
>>70879539
yeah but having obscure taste means people in real life will know about it and i need that extra self worth. i don't care about strangers, i'm here because it just makes me feel good that i'm in this secret club, that no one around me is like me, that i will get new stuffs that i can upload to instagram so that people can see me in a way that i want to be seen as. if not 4chan, idk where else i can enrich myself. if not music, idk what else i can feel good about
>>
>>70879584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
but seriously though i can't stop listening to this. fuck
>>
>>70879584
sounds like you have mental issues tbqh.
go talk to a therapist im serious
>>
>>70879584
At this point I'm not sure if you're actually being serious. If you are I must either congratulate you for being a subtle, yet effective troll or advise you to seek psychiatric help. Social media stopped representing real personalities a long time ago.
>>
>>70879740
i'm gonna kill myself after my parents die anyway
>>
>>70879366
This. and OP if you want experimental music go with some of the Police's deep cuts and instrumentals. Sting, Stew, and Andy had roots in more complicated genres.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.