[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /mu/ Is Rush worth getting into? I already like prog. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: rush.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
rush.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Sup /mu/

Is Rush worth getting into? I already like prog. I regularly listen to King Crimson and Yes.

If so, where should I start? Or is it just bullshit about how trees are talking to each other and how your brain works and outer space?
>>
I KNEW HE WAS DIFFERENT IN HIS SEXUALITY
>>
if you can stand the autistic fanbase they're pretty good
>>
>>70874154
I'VE LOST A FEW MORE HAIRS
>>
>>70874140
>Or is it just bullshit about how trees are talking to each other and how your brain works and outer space?
Depends on the era, their music in the 70's is pretty much that, although it's generally agreed to be their best stuff.
If you don't like that check out their 80's albums like Grace Under Pressure or Power Windows.
Their stuff in the 90 wasn't alright but their lyrics since then are pretty shit
>>
>>70874140
Not with the album you posted. Neil Peart was not in the band yet and they sound like a shitty discount Led Zeppelin (although I still like the album)
I started with Moving Pictures and it was a good decision. 2112 or Hemispheres would also be good to start with.
>>
>>70874154
I WENT TO HIS PARTIES AS A STRAIGHT MINORITY
>>
File: KXhmnd3.png (274KB, 1329x1010px) Image search: [Google]
KXhmnd3.png
274KB, 1329x1010px
>>70874140
Here's a guide to Rush
>>
>>70874282
Eh, Roll The Bones is my favorite Rush album. T4E and Counterparts were shit, see:

>>70874154
>>70874581
>>
>>70874140
Hemispheres and A Farewell To Kings are the best.
>>
>>70874600
I would have s/t branching off from Fly By Night
>>
listen through 2112 just so you can tell people you've listen through 2112

also fuck you i tried to finish this reply while the phone was ringing and i missed a call from my grandma
>>
>>70874140
You really can't go wrong with their first 11 albums
>>
>>70874617
Nobody's Hero has a shit verse, but Counterparts is a better album overall. Even the chorus for Nobody's Hero is very strong.

Roll The Bones is way more cringey anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2CwRtfvYl4
>>
Why did they steal U2s sound?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rV8Su5OWjI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP_mCiGrf1c
>>
>>70874617
Animate and Leave That Thing Alone are great songs but I think the album wasn't that great overall.
>>
>>70874697
Goddamn, I forgot how good of a song Everyday Glory was. Reminds me of the demo version of Middletown Dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AthRv__R_Lw
>>
>>70874140
Rush: 4/10
Fly by Night: 6/10
Caress of Steel: 5/10
2112: 7/10
A Farewell to Kings: 6/10
Hemispheres: 8/10
Permanent Waves: 7/10
Moving Pictures: 8/10
Signals: 9/10
Grace Under Pressure: 9/10
Power Windows: 8/10
Hold Your Fire : 6/10
Presto: 4/10
Roll the Bones: 5/10
Counterparts: 6/10
Test for Echo: 2/10
Vapor Trails: 6/10
Snakes and Arrows: 7/10
Clockwork Angels: 7/10
>>
>>70874617
Roll the bones is also my favorite tied with power windows, i don't dig Rush that much after Roll the bones outside of a handful of songs. Good thing they have other 12 amazing albums behind RTB
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.