[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What headphones do you reccomend for lo-fi hip hop, lo-fi metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: jvc.jpg (9KB, 221x300px) Image search: [Google]
jvc.jpg
9KB, 221x300px
What headphones do you reccomend for lo-fi hip hop, lo-fi metal and other shit audiophiles would hate? These are my current ones.
>>
>>70850203
>audiophiles would hate
Why does this matter?
>>
>>70850236
You know how audiophiles usually like music that's well mastered? Lo-fi is the antithesis and I can only imagine how bad it would sound on a high end HD800S setup.
>>
Lo-fi is distinguishable from actual bad quality. Lo fi will still sound better on a better audio setup.
>>
>>70850301
Sound counter intuitive.
>>
>>70850342
It lets you hear imperfections in the recording better, making it more detailed
>>
>>70850368
Wouldn't you want the flaws hidden though?
>>
Low fidelity music is different than music that is just mixed poorly.

Headphones that are of better quality shouldn't detriment lo-fi music unless you'd prefer if your lo-fi music sounded a bit muddier.

If you want lo-fi music to sound even more noisier then you could probably look at some headphone guides for some that are in the $40-$50 dollar range-- these will be of good build quality and won't completely clean up the sound as much as higher quality headphones.
>>
>>70850431
To be honest if Beats were in that price range, they'd be pretty alright for lo-fi. Curious as to what radio pop sounds like on them since the demographic being marketed listens to that stuff.
>>
>>
>>70850494
That is an interesting looking headphone. Got more pics?
>>
>>70850471

Beats are pretty alright if you regularly listen to really bassy music, just not anything else.
If they weren't like obscenely expensive for how terrible they are overall then they might actually be a good idea for lo-fi hip hop.
>>
>>70850417
Flaws are the point. If the flaws weren't sought after no one would intentionally make lo-fi music
>>
>>70850573
I wanna say the reason a lot of people who don't own /mu/core headphones and general consumers like Beats is because earbuds that come with your phone are comparatively much worse and everyone uses them so it's a huge step up. Listen to something focused on highs and mids would sound good on Beats compared to earbuds, even with all bass
>>
>>70850611
I thought it was the more simple composition being the point as opposed to top 40 music being overproduced but not being that good and sounding homogeneous.
>>
>>70850266
I don't think you understand what lo-fi and mastering mean
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.