[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Divers was a weak album and she will never top Have One On Me,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Joanna-Newsom-muslim-convert.jpg (437KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Joanna-Newsom-muslim-convert.jpg
437KB, 1000x1500px
Divers was a weak album and she will never top Have One On Me, a literal magnum opus that cemented her legacy.

I mean, nothing has come close to HOOM. Art Angels tried, and failed, terribly, horribly, awfully. And Divers was about as weak an album that a woman can possibly put out. Just weak. Weak weak weak. Weak.
>>
File: 5756775.jpg (73KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
5756775.jpg
73KB, 640x428px
Ys is her masterpiece though.
>>
Divers was still pretty good. Nowhere near HOOM or Ys, but still pretty good.
>>
>>70848827
This.

Divers isn't on the same level but it doesn't need to be. It has its own incisive them & tone and fits in well with her discography. I don't understand why everyone here needs everything to be GOAT#1AOTD all the time.
>>
Divers is her perfect album.
HOOM is her rambling album.
Ys is her tryhard album.
Milk Eyed Mender is her attention whore album.
>>
>>70848997
>I have to fit every album into a nonsensical narrative
>>
>>70849044
sorry my friend
i will just call things good or not good from now on!!!

here's my update!!!

Divers: maybe good
HOOM: maybe good
Ys: maybe good
MeM: maybe good
>>
I don't see how anyone can deny that Divers is her worst album. Ys and HOOM are very close; I'm not sure if I could choose between them, they're actually very different albums stylistically. Of course they both fit under the umbrella of "singer-songwriter", whatever that means, but Ys seems to lean further toward a more classical-inspired compositional style whereas HOOM is more of a pop album.
>>
>>70849624
I'd put MEM and Divers on the same level. Anecdotes is one of the best thing she's ever done and it has some other really strong moments. The title track's pretty meh compared to the live early version though which was a let down. Thought for sure it would be a knock out
>>
>>70848764
Divers was good, obviously she's not going to top Have One on Me, every artist peaks and releases what's going to be their best work at some point and when you put out a basically perfect triple album that's probably going to be it. Divers sounded fresh though, I don't think she's entered the rehash phase of her career yet. Also with Have One on Me being such a big album I'm fine with her moving to a new sound afterwards, I don't feel starved for Have One on Me sounding material in the slightest

What about Divers is so disappointing to you?

>>70849624
It's better than Milk-Eyed Mender. Everyone including yourself seems convinced Ys is a million times better too and I'd probably give it the edge as well but I think it's a lot closer to Ys quality than most people seem to
>>
Hi Nate
>>
EVERYONE CAN AGREE:

Ys may or may not be the best, but it and HOOM are both flawless masterpieces

Divers has higher highs than Milk Eyed Mender and is probably better

Same Old Man/Three Little Babes are the worst tracks (they're covers so it makes sense) but they're still good
>>
>>70848764
>Have One On Me, a literal magnum opus that cemented her legacy.

Ys still way more known and acclaimed than HOOM.
>>
>Divers was about as weak an album that a woman can possibly put out.
holy pleb
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.