[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Albums that stand head and shoulders above their respective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 8404126679_3a6e504f9a_o.png (362KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8404126679_3a6e504f9a_o.png
362KB, 500x500px
ITT: Albums that stand head and shoulders above their respective bands' already stellar bodies of work
>>
File: Violator.jpg (473KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Violator.jpg
473KB, 2400x2400px
>>
>>70843390
Not even the best Kraftwerk album...
>>
>>70843390
That's not Computerworld
>>
File: 5651aac6.jpg (38KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
5651aac6.jpg
38KB, 500x496px
>>70843390
>>
>>70844006
Do you mean The Man-Machine?
>>
File: Frank Ocean - blond.jpg (126KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Ocean - blond.jpg
126KB, 768x768px
>>
>>70843390
>>70844006
>>70844023
>Synthpop albums over krautrock, progressive electronic, ambient albums
>Not Ralf & Florian
>Not Autobahn
>>
>>
>>70844056
>implying that synthpop is bad
>implying you can't make great synthpop music
>implying that a genre is superior over others
>>
>>70844110
>Implying that not experimenting is a virtue
>>
>>70844159
I'm still grateful for Ralf & Florian and Autobahn. Highly influential albums.
>>
>>70844159
>implying you can't make experimental synthpop
Experimenting for the sake of experimenting worth shit. What it really matters is the actual music, if it triggers emotions in the listeners. That's why people waste time listening to music, right?
>>
>>70844241
Wouldn't you consider making synthpop insincere, considering that they made great experimental albums before?
>>
>>70844263
Not at all. They explored that experimental realm enough before started making synthpop. Great artists always try to evolve their style. And Kraftwerk's real strength resides in their perfect beats and melodies. That's why people remember them mostly for their synthpop albums.

By the way, don't you find strange that Kraftwerk chose to ignore their first 3 albums like their never existed when they did their Catalogue boxset? They're aware that they're not that great.
>>
>>70844263
It's not selling out if it's good :^)
>>
>>70844410
>By the way, don't you find strange that Kraftwerk chose to ignore their first 3 albums like their never existed when they did their Catalogue boxset? They're aware that they're not that great.
Again, there were conflicts within the band. Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother went on to play in NEU! after Kraftwerk's first two albums.
Ralf Hütter and Florian Schneider were prone to experimentation, but they gave in later in their careers. I'm not saying that their synthpop albums aren't highly influential and important for the development of dance-pop and disco music, but it's not something I'd enjoy.
>>
>>70844621
>but it's not something I'd enjoy.
I think you're one of the few people that prefer their early stuff over their melodic and actually listenable stuff. Between Spule 4 and The Model I'm 100% sure I'd prefer the latter.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.