[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Our early album recs that we got from /mu/ oldfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: TheFame.jpg (391KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
TheFame.jpg
391KB, 2000x2000px
ITT: Our early album recs that we got from /mu/

oldfags where ya ass at
>>
File: Gods-of-war-Cover.jpg (44KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
Gods-of-war-Cover.jpg
44KB, 350x347px
I'm so oldfag 95% of modern /mu/ won't believe me.
>>
>>70838536
>tfw this came out 8 years ago
>>
File: hospice_0575.jpg (44KB, 537x482px) Image search: [Google]
hospice_0575.jpg
44KB, 537x482px
>>70838573
>>
Oldfag /mu/ was just when pitchfork was good.
>>
>>70838646
why do people bash p4k this much? they put out good content. i mean, i don't agree 100% with every single article and review but i don't have to in order to enjoy it
>>
>>70838536
That was the album that turned /mu/ into /poptimism/. MBDTF is what sealed the deal.
>>
>>70838660
No, i suppose you are correct, but i know a lot of people don't like pitchfork cause they profited off of a whole culture movement that exploited "Indie and hipster" culture and made it into a commodity
>>
>>70838646
p4k was never good

>>70838660
They only review hipster music. I don't mean that as in niche music, I mean it as in faux niche music, the kind that every barista and liberal arts student has on their Zune. Everything they review is painfully accessible, bland, generic and mediocre, and as a result so is /mu/.
>>
>>70838679
oh, i see. in five years browsing this shithole you're the first person i see putting it like this
i also suppose people eventually just blindly learned to think it's shit because of the general unacceptance p4k content has on /mu/. the same goes for fantano
>>
>>70838738
I personally don't read pitchfork or go to pitchfork dot com but I would like to believe that their writers or whoever scores the albums has some sort of schooling or decent understanding of music theory and applies that.

Fantano brought interesting content to the table in his earlier days, however you can see how drastically his content has changed, he's now incredibly opinionated, if he personally didn't enjoy it upon first listen, it's a joke/meme album, he really belittles artists sometimes, and it's all completely unwarranted. Why anyone still watches his videos or takes what he has to say seriously is entirely beyond me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.