[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been listening to this all month and I honestly think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: imgres.jpg (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
2KB, 225x225px
I've been listening to this all month and I honestly think it it Xiu Xiu's best work to date. Every single track on this album is extremely catchy and weird and twisted at the same time.
But one thing I've notice is that they take a lot of influence from Downward Spiral era Nine Inch Nails, to the point where its borderline ridiculous. Especially with the timbres and such that are used. Does anyone else notice that?
>>
>>70834472
also, what is your opinion on the album?
Do you like it as much as I do?
I've been bumpin it all month.
>>
>>70834472
Holy shit, it basically is just Xiu Xiu's downward Spiral. How did I not notice that before?
>>
>>70834472
once the melon gives it an 11 it'll be memed dont worry bb
>>
>>70834472
It's an amazing album. I still get chills at certain section even after a bunch of listens in a short amount of time. Like in Get Up with the "You are the only reason I was born" into that outro instrumental. A lot of the lyrics feel so cathartic.
>>
>>70834654
I honestly feel athough this album is actually better than anything released last year
>>
File: jamie stewart 2.jpg (21KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
jamie stewart 2.jpg
21KB, 500x333px
>>70834654
the outro to get up is one of the highest points in the entire xiu xiu discography. you're right, so much of it is cathartic.
i really like the very simple chorus of the title track too
>>
>>70834472
Knife Play - 9
A Promise - 10
Fabulous Muscles - 8
La Foret - 8
The Air Force - 7.5
Women As Lovers - 9
Dear God, I Hate Myself - 8
Always - 6
Nina - 7
Angel Guts: Red Classroom - 5
Unclouded Sky - 7
Forget - 7.5
>>
>>70834760
agreed, but bump air force to 8 and angel guts to 7
>>
>>70834472
i like it alot but i def wouldnt say its better than a promise. namely because it has the same problem alot of their albums have imo. the truly beautiful moments are sort of dampened by the semi ironic pretentious bullshit (see first and last track)

this was the same for me with a promise but the only time that it was really unbearable there was on ian curtis wishlist

still a fucking great album though, so many amazing moments.
>>
>>70834837
I thought Daveed's rapping added a lot to the first track.
>>
>>70834837
WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY BITCH WHY WHY WHY CUNT WHY WHY WHY
>>
>>70834863
WHY WHY CUNT WHY
>>
File: bruce lee.gif (1MB, 268x201px) Image search: [Google]
bruce lee.gif
1MB, 268x201px
>>70834864
Yeah that shit gets me hyped
>>
>>70834777
Godly trips speak the truth. Yeah on second thoughts Air Force deserves a good 8, though Angel Guts is still my least favourite.
Also, since I forgot (get it?);
Plays the Music of Twin Peaks - 7.5
>>
>>70834837
What's the semi ironic pretentious bullshit on the last track? Surely you don't mean the spoken word coda, that's my favourite part
>>
>>70835173
i feel like stuff like that inherently loses its punch after one or two listens. i like xiu xiu for moments like the end of get up or songs like apistat commander. though i understand that some people like the stuff i think is pretentious i suppose, to each their own.

(maybe its because im not gay)
>>
Xiu Xiu - GONE gone GONE Wiieerrd'uh 7.77 inches & a Tape 2012-2016
February 1, 2017 / release date
Compilation / format
>>
>>70835503
Fair point. I am gay but I don't think it affects my enjoyment of that aspect of their music ~that~ much. Or maybe it does and I have no self-awareness, who knows
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.