[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this band so much better than the Beatles and the Rolling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Kinks SB 779_1.jpg (877KB, 1584x1156px) Image search: [Google]
Kinks SB 779_1.jpg
877KB, 1584x1156px
How is this band so much better than the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, yet they never had all the fame?
>>
They were banned from the US
>>
>>70821546
How is it better?
>>
>>70821567
Why were they banned anyway?
>>
>>70821546
too british
>>
who here obscure 60's rock bands who had a few minor hits and werent as big as the beatals or stones only hipsters listen to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZN3-g3F4I
>>
>>70821591
See >>70821595
>>
>>70821638
so racism?
>>
>>70821631
>The Zombies
fuck outtahere everyone knows them, Oddessy and Oracle is a canonical record
https://youtu.be/Sil8LnTsTsw
>>
>>70821591
l 2 fucken google

https://www.quora.com/Why-were-the-Kinks-banned-from-entering-the-US-from-1965-69

What happened? What caused the ban? Nobody knows for sure but the best answer in this case is also the simplest one. They were viewed as drunken hooligans and assholes. Sadly the critics were often correct.

Ray Davies and Dave Davies could not stand each other and the rest of the band did not particularly like either one of them. They would fight on stage. A lot. Bloody nasty fights with people getting cut by cymbals or bottles and with the audience getting way too involved. A fight in May 1965 between Dave Davies and drummer Mick Avory left Davies in the hospital and landed Avory in jail.

They also fought with promoters. When the American tour in 1965 began, ticket sales were disappointing in part because the label wasn't properly promoting the band and in part because their music had already gone off in a new more complex direction that the fans were not yet ready for. The American promoter tried to wheedle out of the deal she had cut with the band for a cash fee. The band retaliated by shortening their sets drastically. If it was only the hits the crowd wanted to hear, well then that was ALL they were going to hear. One concert in Sacramento featured an extended 45-minute jam on You Really Got Me!! Pretty awful although one of their roadies later offered the defense that they did not play that song the entire show.

The promoter filed a formal complaint with the American Federation of Musicians. The union had the power to withhold work permits for British musicians if they misbehaved on stage or refused to perform without good reason. That is exactly what happened.
>>
>>70821652
That's not racism
>>
the kinks is a band you think is really good after 1 song and by the third song you are sick of listening to them
>>
>>70822133
>the beatles is a band you think is really good after 1 song and by the third song you are sick of listening to them
fixed
>>
Fun fact. elvis literally only toured outside of america once, and it was in canada, besides that he never left america because his manager was a legendary con man who was scared of getting arrested
>>
they fucked with underages kids
>>
>>70822254
His manager was a fucking dutch guy who never even got legal amercan citizenship hence
>>
>>70822171
I can listen to multiple beatles songs and enjoy them and then even go on to solo albums/songs and enjoy them too

the kinks schtick of cutesiness/somewhat serious lyrics gets irritating really fast
>>
File: (m=eaAaGw-aaaaa)12.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
(m=eaAaGw-aaaaa)12.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>70821631
Mad Men was the trigger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ9Nm_c3GVY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.