[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love david bowie but I think this album is insanely overrated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: David-Bowie-Blackstar.jpg (23KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie-Blackstar.jpg
23KB, 800x800px
I love david bowie but I think this album is insanely overrated.
Can anyone that disagrees actually explain why I'm wrong?
>>
ur opinion cant be wrong my dude. if u werent feeling it u werent feeling it. Dont force urself to like an album just because everyone else doe s
>>
>>70812085
You'll understand when your older
>>
>>70812085
I think of it as something he was rushing before he passed and that's how I 'got it'.
>>
File: luna3.jpg (265KB, 1010x568px) Image search: [Google]
luna3.jpg
265KB, 1010x568px
>>70812197
deep.
>>
>>70812391
this. its a desperate album. You can feel his desire to create this sort of swan song album but he didn't have time to actually "complete" it.
>>
I thought it was pretty mediocre. Most of the songs were written years ago and weren't about dying like people think.
>>
>>70812391
>>70812501

Bowie didn't know his cancer was terminal when recording the album you retards. His death and the album aren't related other than the fact that the dates were close to each other.
>>
>>70812391
>>70812501
He actually thought he had time to record another one. If you don't dig it I respect that but I doubt it was rushed.

I love this album and I'm glad I was able to form that opinion when it first came out and before he died. I was listening on a loop.
For me, I thought (and still think) that everything he did after Earthling got mad overrated. Especially Reality and The Next Day. I thought Heathen was alright, but they kept dropping "Best since Scary Monsters" and shit and it was just wrong. Black Tie White Noise, Buddha of Suburbia, Reality, Heathen, Next Day, hours, they all felt like Bowie trying to do things he just couldn't do perfectly. He wasn't a rockstar anymore, he wasn't doing anything new. It was a lowpoint. Some decent music, but nothing that compared to peak Bowie.
Blackstar was the sort of album I'd been saying for years was what he ought to be doing. More experimental and weird, more jazz oriented and dark. When the title track video got dropped, I was amazed and thought "I love this, but I'm sure the rest of it will be a letdown." And for me it wasn't. I say sincerely it's my favorite Bowie album after Scary Monsters, and it would have been if he died or not. I loved the album. It felt enjoyable, emotional, dark, and moving. His death certainly made some songs have more weight to them (Lazarus, especially) but they had dark, depressing, moving qualities regardless.
That's just my own opinion. It's not for everybody but Bowie has been my idol since high school and the second I heard this album all I could think was "I'm finally excited for new Bowie music"
>>
>>70812700
>Bowie didn't know his cancer was terminal when recording the album you retards

This guy...
>>
>>70812719
Thank you for giving a real detailed answer
>>
File: 1475994305822.jpg (20KB, 236x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475994305822.jpg
20KB, 236x402px
>>70812700
>again this guy....
yea sure, he knew about the cancer like 2 days after he finished the album
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.