[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/mu/ what am I missing? I genuinely don't understand this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: rplus7.png (682KB, 658x639px) Image search: [Google]
rplus7.png
682KB, 658x639px
/mu/ what am I missing? I genuinely don't understand this album. Just sounds like a bunch of disconnected noises.
>>
open your mind
>>
a brain
>>
>>70808226
its a pleb filter
>>
>>70808261
>>70808292
>>70808312
I like the fact you're all faggots that can't articulate actual reasons
>>
>>70808376
mad cuz he doesn't get music
>>
File: 1.jpg (61KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
61KB, 704x396px
What is music but a bunch of disconnected noises?
>>
>>70808376
>disconnected noises
isn't giving us much to help you with
>>
>>70808226
it's entry level ambient made by a fat SJW. pass.
>>
>>70808376

We will when you will.
>>
"Disconnected noises" is a weird criticism considering how much of this album features rhythm, melody, and texture pretty obviously arranged to create songs.

Opn's earlier work is a lot more ambient-heavy and abstract, r plus 7 is a series of dark moody beats that draw from a creepy pallette of cold, synthesized noises and electronic voices.
>>
>>70808226
>disconnected noises
it does sound like that at first, but you need to listen to it a few more times. the songs follow relatively normal song structures but it can be disorienting with the strange sounds used
>>
>>70808226
What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.
>>
File: 1463630317275.png (74KB, 284x202px) Image search: [Google]
1463630317275.png
74KB, 284x202px
>>70808717

>This is fucking noise.
>>
>>70808717

Is this your first time listening to anything out of the ordinary? The first song isn't that bizarre or weird for an ambient electronic inspired song, the cascading vocal effects suddenly bursting out over that dark bass and organ synth has some pretty obvious musical value

I feel like you might need to dip your toes into more types of music outside your comfort zone
>>
>>70808376
they're not actually disconnected, to start with

you wouldn't say proust is an awful author because you didn't speak french, right? same deal... you just aren't fluent in this idiom
>>
>>70808744
>>70808772

That post is copypasta from someone who complained about Loveless yesterday, there were like 9 threads made after making fun of it and the janitors starting sweating.
>>
>>70808673
It wasn't really criticism, just asking what I am missing.

>>70808782
Didn't say it was awful just that I didnt understand.
>>
>>70808717
If you think that's noise then what will you think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW9MHtYeQCA
>>
>>70808772
What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "sentence" and it's literally a bunch of words. It's not even different words. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole post is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" post. This is fucking noise.
>>
>>70808806
listen to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKBrYZ6lKsg and then relisten to the album
the boiler room set really gives you a visual understanding

RP7 IMO is his best work
>>
>>70808812
What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "bar" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole song is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" song. This is fucking noise.
>>
>>70808646
>it's entry level ambient made by a fat SJW. pass.
>>
>>70808226
returnal is much better, imo
>>
>>70809174
Replica >> Garden of Delete > Rifts > returnal > r plus seven
>>
it is shit

last track is 10/10 tho
>>
>>70809316
hmm
I still haven't listened to replica or rifts yet, but so far this is my personal ranking

returnal > garden of delete > r plus seven
>>
>>70808717

>fucking noise
>not music
>ishiggydiggy
>>
>>70808226
what are your favourite albums at the moment?

do you like any electronic?

i'll try and direct you towards an album or artist which will help you appreciate this album more.
>>
>>70809316
Shit taste.

R+7 > GoD > Replica > Returnal > assorted collabs > Commissions > Rifts

>>70809174
Returnal has nice atmospheres but the actual songwriting can't compare to his later work. The titular song is pretty catchy though.
>>
>>70808840
not the guy you replied to but thanks for that

that ending version of boring angel was fucking transcendental
>>
pitchfork skrillex
>>
>>70810517
I've listened to R+7 multiple times but it doesn't feel as consistent as Replica, which I can listen to endlessly. I don't hate it, but I would definitely listen to OPN's other works over it.
>>
>>70808261
>>70808292
>>70808312
>>70808585
>>70811681
stop being fags
>>70808646
you didn't put one criticism of the music in here. entry level is not criticism
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.