[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with field recordings? Sounds like an interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

What's the deal with field recordings? Sounds like an interesting concept but I know nothing about them. Enlighten me, /mu/
>>
you take a microphone and point it down at a field, and then music is made.
>>
Someone give me some good field recordings albums is what I'm saying
>>
>>70808099
I was working on a "non-music" flowchart but then my HDD died and I lost it forever
What kind of recording do you want is what I'm asking
nature, cities, machines, animals etc etc
>>
>>70808184
Hmmmm well I'd say nature and cities sound most interesting to me but I'm open to most anything. Probably not as much animal sounds though
>>
>>70808099
Peter Sotos - Buyer's Market
Rev. Jim Jones - Transcript of Mass Suicide at Jonestown, Guyana, 17-18 November, 1978
Jean Provost and Alan R. Sandstrom - Sacred Guitar & Violin Music Of The Modern Aztecs
>>
>>70808247
Wrooong
>>
Field Recordings that are outside of the human sensorium are where it's at. Recordings of phenomena that are otherwise completely inaccessible to us on a micro or macro scale, in locations that are beyond any normal means of reaching. I do get the 'point' of ordinary field recordings, but I don't see it as being any more interesting or progressive than 10 hour sleep playlists on youtube.

Give Jana Winderen's work a listen, OP. It's some of the most interesting work as far as micro/macro field recording goes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJn0pcFLMLQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbnCgHdjlmg
>>
>>70808230
francisco lopez has "buidings - new york" (it's something like that, I don't remember the exact name)
tony schwartz has a one from the 50's that is pretty interesting and it has narration (moondog makes an appearance here it's funny because it doesn't say his name)
there is a recording of a 60's march against the vietnam war and it's cool because you can hear the broadcasting of it at the same time
it's called Bryant Park Moratorium Rally (1969) by tony conrad
I'll link you this list it has some nice stuff in it

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/monocle/natural_anthems__soundscapes__field_recordings__and_audio_verite/
>>
>>70808400
Thank you I'm enjoying that second one a lot. Is that actually a recording of krill or something? That's insaneee. How do you get that level of detail

>>70808406
Thank you for those and for the rym list. Never actually used rym before but if people make lists like this I might check it out
>>
>>70808625
It's the sound of pistol shrimp, but doing what exactly, nobody knows. The album was recorded on the sea off of Norway, where pistol shrimp are so numerous that you can hear them making these noises through the waves and winds. These kind of field recordings tend to use hydrophone arrays that record sub-aurally using piezoelectric transducers rather than the actual pressure waves of standard microphones, allowing you to pick up incredibly microscopic sounds. I believe she also uses a parabolic reflector mic that can record sound directionally and at massive distances, including through water.
>>
File: buyersmarket.jpg (17KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
buyersmarket.jpg
17KB, 280x280px
This is the only field recording work worth listening to.

The logical conclusion to music.
>>
>Field Recordings
>Music
>music
>musi
>mus
>mu
>m
>>
File: musichastheright.jpg (137KB, 685x686px) Image search: [Google]
musichastheright.jpg
137KB, 685x686px
Music Has... uses a bunch of field recording samples.
>>
>>70808892
yeah i personally think field recording is fucking gay because its much more fun to take the weird ass samples you acquire and make a track out of them and distort them to the point nobody knows what theyre hearing in the first place.

>>70808400
this type stuff is the exception tho. and field recordings of animals makin cool sounds like the meme frog album.
>>
>>70808230
Francisco López-La Selva
>>
>base a whole album around a broken train signal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMkEK20gksM
>>
File: Hiroshima Field Recordings.png (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshima Field Recordings.png
109KB, 500x500px
this made me cry
>>
>>70809127
Reminds me of the Speech After the Removal of the Larynx album.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.