[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they disband despite producing consistently good albums?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: 3124.jpg (116KB, 685x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3124.jpg
116KB, 685x1024px
Why did they disband despite producing consistently good albums?

Metallica has been shit since 1991 but they never quit.
>>
They didn't disband? They're touring later this year.
>>
>>70794274
They tour just for the money but they don't make new stuff. :(
>>
>>70794331
better to have a small but consistently good discography than to force out mediocre albums. the reason metallica is shit is because they keep making albums even though they're out of ideas. I wouldn't want that to happen to SOAD
>>
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7572711/system-of-a-down-new-album-15-songs-release-next-year
>>
>>70794227
Don't worry my man, they area about to fall for the meme and waste their comeback in a brave reality changing anti-Trump album.
>>
Are they the best sci-fi themed band around?
>>
it's been 12 years, holy shit, since Hypnotize came out, do you guys really want a new album from SOAD?
>>
The guitarist is a dick and wanted to cheese-grate his crappy voice all over the last album.
>>
WE WILL TAKE THE BODY PARTS AND PUT THEM ON THE WALL
THE WALL
THE WALL
>>
>>70794227
>Why did they disband
They didn't and they're bringing out a new album this year
>>
>>70795847
Haven't they been saying that for years though?
>>
Serj Tankian on his own is better than SOAD.
>>
https://youtu.be/XF91kSPhM10

Kino?
>>
I think i remember liking the Scars on Broadway album years ago, maybe the year it released but never checking back on it

I'm not certain.
>>
>>70794331
they literally confirmed a new album
>>
>>70794227
Does that mean armenian are smarter than americans??
>>
Cringe.
>>
>>70794382
As the Beatles proved, better to quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>70794227
Honestly, they were good during middle school, but going back they're just kinda cringe with the exception of a few songs.Don't get me wrong I'll always have respect for all the memers but I just can't get into them like I used to be.
>>
>>70798025
Every non-americans are smarter than americans
>>
>>70794227
>consistently good
>SOAD
Pick one
>>
File: NFZUnheb.jpg (12KB, 242x242px) Image search: [Google]
NFZUnheb.jpg
12KB, 242x242px
>>70799998
>beatles
>small discography
>>
>>70795558
seriously. he's okay in small doses but don't give him an entire song.
>>
I think it was mostly Serj wanting to take a break and do his own stuff. The band became more of Darons project as time went on
>>
>>70795558
>>70800987
I don't even know if I like either of their voices that much. They should get the bassist or drummer to sing or find a new person
>>
>>70800698
No, but they quit while they were ahead. I'm not that guy, but the Beatles were wise to stop in 1970. They ruled the 60s. If they kept going they would have been competing with new sounds and artists. Led Zeppelin and Bowie. They would not have stood a chance and would have either had to keep making the same type of music and fallen into predictability and unpopularity or chasing after whatever was hip and being seen as unoriginal followers.
>>
>>70801188
We never know if they would not have stood a chance.
>>
I hope they don't make another album. Look at what happened with Refused
>>
>>70801502
>>70795503

>>70794430
>>
>>70801228
Chances of a Beatles reunion = zero
>>
>>70795503
Yes
>>
>>70795558
He seems like a huge dick, but I like his voice.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.