[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand how anyone who takes music seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
I don't understand how anyone who takes music seriously could not think that College Dropout is his best album
explain yourself plebs
>>
Late Registration is better.
>>
>takes music seriously
>listens to kanye west

pick one
>>
College Dropout is his best album if you're a normie who spends 99% of their music listening time consuming pop music in the single track form.

It's not really until 808s that he starts producing albums of any artistic value.
>>
>>70793844
mbdtf is the most pop album he's ever made...
>>
>>70793965
I wouldn't say its any more or less so than his earlier albums.

Regardless, the genre is less important than the approach. Early on Kanye is still very much a conventional pop musician, fixated on producing the best 3-4 minute radio jingle. It's only with 808s, when he's super depressed after the breakup with his fiancee, that he starts to experiment, in a multitude of ways: the sources of his samples,the artists he collaborates with, song length and structure, the emotional tone of songs, the effect certain songs have on the feeling of an album as a whole. His opening up in these areas in turn allows him much more room for expressing a strong, consistent artistic vision.
>>
Diamonds from sierra leone, through the wire, all falls down, jesus walks, gold digger,touch the sky and homecoming are his only decent tunes. Pretty sure a few of them are from college dropout.
>>
>>70793714
This

Kanye is an amateur, even for rap. Meaning hes absolute shit to anyone with good taste
>>
>>70793844
T H I S H O L Y S H I T

I tell this to normies all the time and they get so fucking mad.
>>
>>70794927
>he listens to hip-hop for the rap
>>
File: cd3.jpg (54KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
cd3.jpg
54KB, 543x960px
>>70794336
>>
>>
I think that the problem is that both sides of the argument are right.

College Dropout is his best musical album. Looking at it from a musical critical point, it's the pinnacle of his rapper music carreer with no discussion .

Every single album before 808 has literally no artistical value. Every single album after and counting it are critically inferior in it's objective musical aspect, but are waaay more artistical and more personal. Every album he makes is less musically coherent but it's more and more a raw experience of his art, feeligns and persona expressed through the spasms of his mind that appear as music.

You either love the talented rapper and hate the artistical maniac who sometimes raps about fucking models who just bleached their assholes and sometimes about his deepest fears with relationships and intimacy which makes him more emotionally unstable and disjointed from reality while trying to become a better producer, or vice versa

I don't think either are wrong but I'm not anthony fandango I'm just an anonymal faggot on the internet with a subjective opinion
>>
>>70793637
Because MBDTF exists.
>>
Unless we held hands first.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.