[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Zen Arcade is the Divine Comedy of punk Do you agree with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: husker_du_-_zen_arcade_-_front.jpg (644KB, 1879x1891px) Image search: [Google]
husker_du_-_zen_arcade_-_front.jpg
644KB, 1879x1891px
>Zen Arcade is the Divine Comedy of punk

Do you agree with Scaruffi's assessment of this album?
>>
What is the Divine Comedy?
>>
Not sure what you mean by punk.
>>
>>70790398
They did the theme to Father Ted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFs261AKUZc
>>
>>70788879
I have listened to countless punk bands and I fail to understand the appeal of Husker Du and the Minutemen
>>
>>70790564
you don't like Chartered Trips or Celebrated Summer?
>>
>>70790564
Minutemen just is very clean and barebones.
You should enjoy the simplicity of it.
>>
>>70790664
If I don't like the intro to those albums then I won't be bothered to listen to those mega albums
>>
>>70790758
You should listen to those two songs, you might like some of their other stuff and Bob Mould's later work.
>>
>>70790564

I'll give you Husker Du, but the Minutemen? Come on
>>
>>70790992
>>70790664
>>70790755
>>70790934
I'm not saying these guys are bad, but you guys should check out SST's lesser known bands like Angst and Divine Horsemen, they are better in my opinion
>>
Zen Arcade is ok, but the songs blend together way too much and the concept album idea falls apart 3 songs in
>>
File: dante2.gif (27KB, 320x237px)
dante2.gif
27KB, 320x237px
>>70790398

It's a book written by Dante.
>>
>>70788879
What in the absolute FUCK is this? I just listened to the first "song" and it's literally a bunch of noise. It's not even different noises. It's like the same thing repeating for three minutes. I don't understand how people can enjoy this. If the whole album is like this, I don't want any part of it. This is not a "classic" album. This is fucking noise.
>>
>>70791140
>concept album idea
ugh dude you just don't GET it!!
>>
>>70788879
It's a good album but Scaruffi is a total fuck head. No one actually gives a shit what he thinks.
>>
>>70788879
I mean thats not a perfect comparison but its probably the closest thing to being the punk equivalent of The Divine Comedy
>>
>>70791375
actually a lot of people do. he knows a shit load about art/culture/music history. did he give your favorite album a 5? are you a beatles/radiohead fan?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.