[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so fucking popular? Explain it to me in a scientifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: blurryface.jpg (334KB, 1425x1425px)
blurryface.jpg
334KB, 1425x1425px
Why is this so fucking popular? Explain it to me in a scientifically acceptable way.
>>
they constantly say that they're something new and special in their music and have stupid "art" music videos so people believe them despite their boring pop rock music.

and look at that cover art. That's got Urban Outfitters all over it. It looks trendy.
>>
>>70784370
The songs are catchy, sad (but not too sad), vague enough to be relatable but with enough specifics to feel like we have a glimpse on the artists personal lives, and both of them are mildly attractive.
>>
Because it tries to experiment while retaining the radio-friendly appealing sound, and the overall themes that teens can connect with.
>>
you're not helping
>>
at the moment they're probably the only mainstream band with songs about personal or at least convincingly personal feeling topics that aren't just relationships. it's an important niche, there's always a market for that

>>70784446
>and look at that cover art. That's got Urban Outfitters all over it. It looks trendy.
it looks great too, it's probably what convinced me to give them an honest try
>>
teenagers are dumb
>>
>>70784370
My 14 year old sister loves this band, not even joking.
>>
>>70784724
I don't believe you.
>>
It appeals to unemployed/underemployed teens and millennials who wish they could go back to the "good old days" of 5-10 years ago.

See their music video where they are riding big wheel tricycles and drinking Capri Sun while singing about student load debt for reference.
>>
>>70784370
womemes listen to meme music
>>
>>70784724
21 Pilots are younger sister core
>>
Emo Eminem, only even whiter.
>>
>>70784370
If Linkin Park was the go-to band for angsty teenagers in the 2000s, then Twenty-One Pilots is the same, but for the 2010s.
>>
File: IMG_5216.jpg (70KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5216.jpg
70KB, 300x300px
>>70784574
People sure love slapping circles on things these days
>>
>>70784370
>normies like normie music
Wow, who would have guessed.
>>
>>70784724
I find this hard to believe
>>
File: IMG_3879.jpg (165KB, 1024x803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3879.jpg
165KB, 1024x803px
>>70784370
Because their white suburban teenage fanbase knows what it's like to struggle! With excellent, deep, and thought provoking lines like
>I wasn't raised in the hood/But I know a thing or two about pain and darkness/If it wasn't for this music I don't know how I would've fought this
>Gangsters don't cry, therefore therefore I'm/Mr. Misty Eyed, therefore I'm
>This is not rap, this is not hip-hop/Just another attempt to make the voices stop

Plus, this music isn't just for everybody man! It's only for the few!
>Yo, this song will never be on the radio/Even if my clique were to pick and the people were to vote/It’s the few, the proud, and the emotional/Yo, you, bulletproof in black like a funeral/The world around us is burning but we’re so cold/It’s the few, the proud, and the emotional
>Please use discretion/When you're messing with the message man/These lyrics aren't for everyone/Only few understand

They're so deep and new! Schizophrenic pop man!!!
>>
>>70784446
This. Mainstream media will eat up anything looking edgy and "different" as if it "means something" even if it doesn't.
>>
>>70786701
How is this fucking hard to believe?
Look at their YT comments or anywhere. Most of their fans are very underage.
>>
File: lasiankka.png (90KB, 541x566px)
lasiankka.png
90KB, 541x566px
>/mu/ makes fun of teenagers listening to pretentious pop music
>most people on here aren't older than 19 and worship Grimes
>>
File: tyler-joseph-blurryface-vesse.jpg (78KB, 610x602px) Image search: [Google]
tyler-joseph-blurryface-vesse.jpg
78KB, 610x602px
because It's cute guys singing about relatable things. And very catchy
>>
>>70787027
Why do they both always look so miserable in their photos together?
>>
>>70784370
Simply put, they put lyrics today's youth finds relateable and "deep" behind catchy melodies or one with enough hooks to keep them listening.
>>
>>70786722
this but unironically
>>
File: 21p2017.png (365KB, 1283x636px) Image search: [Google]
21p2017.png
365KB, 1283x636px
and this
>>
>>70784463
>mildly
>kys
>>
>>70786722
>>70787386
If you take it out of context yeah, but in context of the album those lines are really good.
>>
>>70784724
wow, thats shocking man
>>
>>70786064
This album is GOAT
>>
>>70787683
>thinking any of that is quality lyricism
kys
>>
>>70787526
God, every single fucking article related to any form of media in the next four years is going to have "Trump era" or "This is exactly what the country needs right now" in it, isn't it?
>>
>>70784370
>themes of isolation and "anxiety/depression" create identity music for girls aged 13-20
>experimentation by a Fueled By Ramen band to create an album of tracks that represent all of the genres that kids hear incidentally growing up
>interview personas create edgy personalities that are meant to appeal to girls who have no fathers
it all fits together
>>
>>70787683
In context they just make the songs worse.
>>
>>70784526
Blonde
>>
>>70784370
They stole a good song from an indie artist (blurry face) got it wrong and then corrected it (all my friends are heathens) this song they stole was great and got spammed on the radio, meanwhile they put out generic shitty pop rock trash with a gay rapper singer. It's basically an infallible recipe for success.
>>
>>70788341
depends, their sort of stilted lines make the songs feel more "real" and off-the-cuff imo
their meta stuff, talking about their fans or something are always trash but every other rapper does the same shit
>>
>>70786064
Yeah but this one makes sense, it's the phases of the moon and the main theme of the album is about the things you have to leave behind to pursue your own desires, which in Bannon's case is leaving family and friends behind for many nights of touring.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.