[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal is funny

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else see metal as a joke like i do and dont get me wrong im not some guy who listens to fucking kayne or pop shit. i like some metal like black sabbath and ozzys solo is some of my favorite stuff and i love some hard rock like GnR and whatnot, but stuff like megadeath, slayer, [insert spooky name here] etc. is so comical all they sing about is death and hell its like a terrible scary movie. When i see teens listening to this stuff thinking theyre the most hardcore shit around town i laugh. Same thing with that hardcore rap its a joke.
>>
>caring about what the lyrics and the name of the band are "about" rather than the actual content of the music itself
You're the joke of people who claim to call themselves music fans. If the image/aesthetics of a music group bother you that much, you're just as shallow, if not more so, than someone who listens to basic ass radio pop.
>>
I guess you're right, dad... I'll delete muh metal playlist on Spotify and burn my copy of Anarchist Cookbook now. Do you want your motorcycle jacket back or can I keep it?
>>
Would you rather them to sing about mundane stuff or exciting shit?
>>
>>70780914
metals deep man
>>
>>70780689
i agree black metal in particular i feel like is guilty of this like why are they trying so hard to be edgy if you lived that life then you wouldnt be putting on face make up which is why i like varg
>>
Remember, everybody, DnD at Nathan's house tonight at 7!
>>
>>70780689
Its just entretainment, like horror, action movies. I l like it.
>>
Literally every genre can be reduced to parody. It's not like altrock bands or whatever dont have common themes.
>>
hating on slayer but liking GnR?
nigga, get your brain fucking checked.
Guns N Roses is the DEFINITION of "fake" rock music
>>
>>70780978
Oh, sorry, I'll be busy drawing dicks on the wall at the public library at that hour, cant make it.
>>
>>70780689
of course. it's literally nonsense for suspended adolescent manchildren. It's holarious.

"Thurston Moore: Black Metal is music made by pussies of the lowest order, and we felt it was necessary to investigate this aberrant anti-music behaviour. We feel like the sound and attitude of black metal is a loss of self, life, light and desire in a way where it becomes so negative that a whole new bliss arrives where we become super pussy." -Thurston Moore
>>
>>70780993
altrock bands dont dress up and put on makeup to show how hardcore they are nor do they sing about murdering people
>>
>>70781008
thurston moore is a HUGE fucking pussy
>>
>>70781003
GnR lived the lifestyle way before getting famous and they hated glam rock thats why they didnt dress up like clowns also they were only a real band for like 5 years before self imploding the only more real you can get is the sex pistols imploding and dying 2 years in
>>
only really the overweight smelly looking middle aged dudes who sing about vikangz and dragonz in absurd halloween dress ups
>>
and these hellboy looking dudes who were apparently 'varg' before cool techno varg came along
>>
>>70780978
I thought he had karate practice
>>
>make an image with no good bands in them
>claim metal is bad
>>
>>70780689
>>70780967
>>70781008
>>70781021
>>70781065
t. nu-males
>>
>>70781061
they were fags in tight pants man. shit's wack
>>
Over the top metal is funny. It's not a bad thing! im not into Slayer or heavier stuff, but classic metal is awesome.

You're wrong putting Megadeth there though. Their lyrics are often really inspirational and philosophical. It's just the image... In terms of songwriting, Mustaine is really underrated musician.
>>
>>70781163
ok dude. Your music scene is basically a boy scout troop for suspended adolescents.
>>
>>70781148
>thinks i would invest time to make a pic for this shit thread
>metal is bad and no one has proved me wrong so far
>>
>>70781177
Where are you from, man? Even if you said that as a joke, I will gladly put you in your fucking grave. Any huge indie fests you plan on going to in the future?
>>
>>70781207
>I have preconceived notions about a genre I havent spent any time in and I want you to spoonfeed me metal so i can ignore it and call it bad
>>
>>70780689
Generic b8, you know damn well some metal bands talk about dragons and LotR
>>
>>70780955
It doesn't matter if it is or isn't. Metal isn't about the lyrics or aesthetics, it's about the sound and style. Looking for good lyrics in metal is like looking for good chord progressions in hip hop, it's just something that isn't relevant to the style.
>>
>>70781258
i used to be very much into metal when i was in middle school but then i grew up and saw some people still into it and didnt understand it. this thread isnt just about metal either its about all those hardcore scenes they are all a joke. if you actually are some secret badass you wont have to sing/rap about it all day
>>
>>70780689
You should listen to truly intellectual metal bands such as Neurosis, Isis, Mgla, Deafheaven and Forsaken Vulture
>>
The logos alone are hilarious. Also when they play dress-up with the corpse paint and what not. True manchildren.
>>
I like some metal, and most metal heads I've met end up being some of the nicest/coolet mofos around.. stop being a judgemental prick.
>>
>>70781177
t. nu-male
>>
>>70781221
brutal \m/
>>
ITT : /mu/ numales
>>
>>70780689
well meme'd
>>
This is wrong on so many levels.

Also:

>megadeath
>>
>>70780987
That's literally why it was invented. Black Sabbath wanted to make scary music and thought it'd be fun.
>>
>>70781008
>Thurston Moore: Black Metal is music made by pussies of the lowest order
kek, and absolutely true
>>
>>70780689
OHHH MR. CROWLEY
>>
>>70782232
exactly
>>
File: quzyz.jpg (25KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
quzyz.jpg
25KB, 620x387px
>>70781346
Literally all of these bands are terrible

>>70780689
>megadeath
Classic bate.
>>
>>70781061
Le tophat guitarist and du rag singer did kind of dress up but it was more macho than motley crue. Their music sucks too. I think you just need to lurk more and discover non surface level metal
>>
>>70782349
t. low IQ thrash fag
>>
are these threads like simulations of how people bait and get baited or is it just this easy
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.