[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1478756273967.png (345KB, 439x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478756273967.png
345KB, 439x500px
BROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting a Hip Hop project. The drummer toured with Frank Zappa, and the rapper toured with Tech Nine. I'm looking for people that I can cooperate with to fine-tine my ideas.

Basically I'm coming with basic ideas for tracks and lyrics - I have a page of ideas for each track thus far, and this looks to be what the track listing will look like, with what each song will be about:

-------------------------------------------------------
1. World Beat Rap
-Avoiding distraction to accomplish goals

2. Neo Soul-Blues rap
-Coping with changing demographics

3. . Electronic Psychedelic Funk rap
-Promoting message of giving & receiving love

4. Electronic Bubblegum Rap
-Catchy self-aware song on how social media inevitably promotes narcissism

5. Dance-Punk rap
-Ironic tongue-in-cheek song about impregnating a woman, starting a new life.

6. Progressive Rock Rap
-Deciphering patriotism, how to achieve a true sense of it in society

-------------------------------------------------------

Like even that, what do you think of those song ideas and the track listing?

Anybody interested.
>>
>4. Electronic Bubblegum Rap
-Catchy self-aware song on how social media inevitably promotes narcissism
Let's get rid of this one
>>
hip-hop will forever be a garbage genre of music and nothing will ever change that objective fact.
>>
5. Post-Modern Noise rap (Name drops """"""""authors"""""" to sound like special snowflake)

- Dealing with becoming a meme and understanding the notion of self through the self, reflected from the self.
>>
>>70774108
Wait why?

It's just about how it's ultimately a bunch of fuckshit that wastes your time in the long run.

How many songs actually do that?

It'll be like Cee Lo Green's 'Fuck You', in that it'll be so sing-along and great
>>
>>70774212

not him but it's such a fucking cop out. It's basically "I need a song to sell this record but I don't want to ruin my image" and it's been down heaps of times in hip-hop. Eminem, J Cole, Kendrick, etc.
>>
>>70774086
>Ironic tongue-in-cheek song
this sounds fucking awful but I like all the other ideas
>>
>>70774253
Yeah.

Here, checkout my notes of that song so far to give you an idea of what I'm imagining:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qdq2npevusJRI-aCuUvWCXv8LwX5nS2ZoEdKkUWWTow/edit?usp=sharing

Well, my notes on that song are fucking sparse to be honest
>>
>>70774293
It's influenced by DFA1979's Romantic Nights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ia3baO8qHQ

>We could do it ,and start a family

I mean it's a fun brilliant song you know. I want to combine that with the fun sensibilities of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqBYHrw9_ys

But yeah, about how awesome it is to impregnate a woman - nobody has really touched that yet
>>
>>70774212
Because man fucking get rid of it
You don't need to cop out like that, make the antithesis of that.
>>
>>70774395
FUCK

I don't know what you mean by 'cop out' though

selling out in terms of the genre or the subject matter?

In any case I'll think about it if you don't reply. Think about what you mean by that
>>
>>70774485
Meaning the message you're trying to send, both the sound and the subject matter are lame as they are but the concept overall is just not a good path to go on
>>
>>70774515
Yup, got it. Thanks.

But yeah, you interested at all in cooperating with ideas etc. on the side?

[email protected]
>>
who are the drummer and rapper?
>>
>>70774594
Drummer is a dude who drummed with him on stage at certain parts in the 80s

Rapper toured with Tech's crew helping out with his opening acts along with himself on stage.

Both are just nameless but talented dudes
>>
>>70774710

Yeah, but like, they have names don't they?
>>
>>70774086
>>70774313
compensation/credit for ideas/collaboration if used or are you just going to run with them.
seems sort of sketch desu, i think you need to sit back and organise a bit more. whole thing seems off the cuff and hectic, and not in a good way.

basically what i'm getting at is what's your structure and endgame goal overall. is it just you and these two other dudes, what's your role specifically. who's actually producing this project, etc,

>>70774313
irony for the sake of isn't a good idea, as said by others itt. you can still offer commentary on something effectively without stooping to imitating what it is you're criticizing/mocking.
>>
>>70774086
>2. Neo Soul-Blues rap
-Coping with changing demographics
>6. Progressive Rock Rap
-Deciphering patriotism, how to achieve a true sense of it in society
holy shit my man, are you retarded? I think the memes are frying your brain
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.