[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*deletes every track except Penny Dreadfuls, Chocolate Girl,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: STGSTV.jpg (147KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
STGSTV.jpg
147KB, 1000x1000px
*deletes every track except Penny Dreadfuls, Chocolate Girl, and Alvin Row*
>>
>>70762904
Objectively correct
>>
But Bat You'll Fly, La Rapet, and April and the Phantom are the objective best songs
>>
Haha yeah too much noise hurts my ears v__v o.O
>>
>>70763565
Nah, they are the least standout and most boring, straightforward tracks. Get out with that lazy songwriting!

>>70763690
Go fuck off, you poser. I listen to death industrial as well, and that shit is far more abrasive than any attempts at noise on this record and far better at it as well.

I guess you must get off on the fact that a psych folk record has this oooohhhhh noise introooo soooo cooollll! But then you realize it's a goddamn gimmick and it has no substance.
>>
>>70762904
I actually delete everything except Essplode, Ahhhhhh Good Country and Meet The Light Child in Danse Manatee.
>>
Types of STGSTV detractors:

>This hurts my ears. Why did they make it noisey on purpose? Pretentious as fuck.
>This is just pop music dressed up with what is a poor attempt at abrasion. I listen to much harder stuff than this. I listen to the hardest stuff. Everybody knows it.

Literally,
>constructive, insightful criticisms of the compositional qualities of the songs
>whining about the aesthetic choices of the album

Pick one. That's all I ever read about this album from people who dislike it. People fall in one of two distinct camps, and the ones who bitch about the sonics of it are never smart enough to actually criticize the songwriting, and those who criticize the songwriting are consistently not fucking stupid enough to make an arbitrary comment like "I don't like the noisey bits!"
>>
>>70764345
This very topic has shown otherwise.
>>
>>70764791
You just said the songwriting is "lazy" and that's literally it. You're no different.
>>
>>70764820
But it is though! The tracks that aren't in the OP are lazy and straightforward as I said. They usually drag on too long with the kind of thing that happens on say...Chocolate Girl or Alvin Row where even with repeated parts you'll have like Panda changing it up with the drums.
>>
>>70764860
I said "constructive" and "insightful".

"Lazy" and "straightforward" are blanket and generic, and are a strong indicator that you aren't actually capable of criticizing music in a meaningful way.
>>
>>70764913
>Blanket
>generic
The sheer levels of irony appearing in your hypocritical pseudo-intellectualism is baffling. You complain of others making arbitrary statements, yet you make the same ones yourself.
>>
>>70764116
Damnnn
He listens to death industrial
#respetc
>>
>>70762904
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>70764116
Autism
>>
>>70765359
Yup. Now fuck off, the adults are talking.

>>70765376
>>70765472
>getting BTFO for having such boring taste
>>
>>70765767
>Now fuck off, the adults are talking.

*upvotes*
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.