[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, The Who is easily the best out of the "big"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: the who.jpg (49KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
the who.jpg
49KB, 350x500px
So, The Who is easily the best out of the "big" rock bands right?
>>
Jimi and the Experience
Forget those drunk pedos
>>
Zep.
>The Who
lol beans!
>>
Black Sabbath
>>
>>70749849
This.
>>
I was gonna say Rush but then I remembered how much filler they have.
>>
literally who
>>
>>70749849
>>70749899

yeah probably
>>
Zeppelin***
>>
>>70749774

This, all other rock bands need not be suggested. They are bad compared to him
>>
>>70749940
>Rush
>how much filler they have
>>
>>70749849
mah nigga
>>
>>70749953
the guess who
>>
>>70750022
Mean to reply to this guy
>>70749794
>>
>>70750054
AMERICAN WOMAN
>>
>>70749774
literally who?
>>
IDK guys, The Who are way more interesting to me musically than Jimi and Zep, who tend to muddle around the same brand of blues rock. Whereas The Who's catalog is a lot more varied (mod rock, psychedelic pop, arena rock, etc.).

I also think Pete Townshend is a very talented songwriter. The only other band that really reminds me of his sense of melody is XTC.
>>
>>70750117

Ok, Then theres Jimi Hendrix, who basically destroyed what the other bands thought the guitar was.

Then he died and guitar was never cool again until My Bloody Valentine

At which point it mostly gradually lost its interesting qualities again
>>
>>70750030
I remember it being especially bad on Fly by Night, and everything that isn't 2112 on 2112 seems like an afterthought (although I like it all, probably cause I owned it). They're amazing at their best though.
>>70750117
If you're talking about intrigue I think Rush becomes a contender again. they went from blues rock/proto-metal through prog and synthrock/pop and then back to less bluesy rock. They also got an album with a riff that's literally morse code to go quadruple platinum.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdpMpfp-J_I
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.