[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any band that does what twenty one pilots tries to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: znsnz.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
znsnz.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
is there any band that does what twenty one pilots tries to do but doesn't fail horribly?
>>
>>70747791
elaborate on what 21 pilots "do"

from what ive heard they just make standard top 40 shit
>>
>>70747791
What is it exactly that they do?
>>
>>70748418
kek
>>
>>70748190
>>70748354
They blend genres
>>
It makes me sad to see the way people look at Twenty One Pilots now. They're my favorite of all time yet, all most people hear are the songs of theirs that get over-played on radio (Ride, Stressed Out, Heathens, etc.) The songs that Tyler (lead vocalist/ukulele/piano/bass) himself said feel common. They lost some creative control when they signed to Fueled By Ramen. But, their older albums, Twenty One Pilots (a.k.a, self-titled) or Vessel or Regional at best, they're all different genres. There's soft, melodic piano with heavy lyrics, there's more rock-type songs, there's rap. They do so much and they do it all so well but, all they get recognized for is their pop-ish songs because that's all that's ever really played on the radio. If you think Twenty One Pilots is "pop garbage", I encourage you to check out some of their older songs, or their other newer songs. They're not for everybody though so of course, I gotta respect your opinion but, they're definitely more than just crappy pop.

Tl;dr: They're more than just what you hear on the radio and I encourage you look at their older songs, if you haven't because they don't do much pop music.
>>
>>70748462
>They blend genres
what the fuck does that even mean there's tons of bands who use more than 1 genre in music, hell the beatles mixed pop, psychedelic and rock music be more specific
>>
Eyedea & Abilities had the same sort of blend but managed not to be total shit.
>>
>>70747791
L
O
N
D
O
N
CALLING
>>
>>70747791
gorillaz
>>
>>70749232

There older stuff is only slightly better
>>
Death Grips
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (52KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
52KB, 512x512px
I haven't listened to a lot of 21P stuff, but try Hymie's Basement.
>>
>>70750059
yep. I have a theory that after Death Grips shredded their Epic contract, the mainstream music industry had to find someone who could fill the niche that Death Grips were going to fill on the radio so 21 Pilots got famous. DG would be as big now if they hadn't backed out of that contract, though their music would sound a bit different, way more of their songs would sound like Trash or Eh.
>>
>>70749371
this is the same generic answer every normie will give you for why they are good. that's what you get to work with.
>>
They're literally just bad clouddead
>>
>>70749392
thiiiiiiiiissss maybe sage francis
>>
>>70751592
Nah I actually think bad why is a more accurate description
>>
>>70747791
Panic! At the Disco (Pretty Odd and Death of a Bachelor)
Why?
Air Dubai
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.