[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me 1 (ONE) **good** reason why this isn't SOTY ht

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Give me 1 (ONE) **good** reason why this isn't SOTY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGw_VRqzAk
>>
Made it 11 seconds, what do I get?
>>
>>70736408
Best deaf poster of 2017
>>
Made it 22 seconds

I stopped Riff Raff for this why
>>
average composition.

weak voice, as bestevidenced by the constant lamb-like bleeting when she/he tries to sustain a note.

to off-set the detracting effect of being a transgender pop artist, the lyrics really need to be a lot more poetical/depressing than they are.
>>
>>70736445
>Riff Raff
Explains the shit taste
>>
>>70736468
Root Beer Float Ghost literally blows this shit away
>>
>>70736466
>average composition.
Maybe the composition is not stellar, fine

>weak voice, as bestevidenced by the constant lamb-like bleeting when she/he tries to sustain a note.
That's just a vocal style. If she really wanted to hold a note she'd try harder and add some autotune. Learn to appreciate it for what it is rather than you think it should be

>transgender
I don't think she's trans, and there shouldn't be a reason to have to detract from who she is. Maybe you just want your depression to be fed and prefer depressing music once again critiquing for what you think it should be if that makes sense
>>
>>70736394
preview image looks like cage the elephant
>>
>>70736394
I tried but I just didn't like it
>>
File: Goyim, Please.png (65KB, 574x600px) Image search: [Google]
Goyim, Please.png
65KB, 574x600px
Because this is.

https://vimeo.com/187928964
>>
>>70736394
surprisingly not as terrible as i expected. but nowhere near good enough to even be considered "of the year" anything
>>
>>70736516
the important detail is in one of the qualifiers i used, __pop__ musician. in any other genre i wouldn't make this criticism, but in pop music being different from the norm is going to detract from several of the reasons the general public consumes this genre, namely the idol worship resulting from the artist's coolness/beauty, and, especially in the case of love songs, the feeling that the sentiments conveyed by the lyrics are being expressed by oneself or to oneself (cispeople tend to have unconscious barricades that prevent them from empathisizing in this way with the non-cis). hence, it's not sufficient for someone who is wildly different, be they transgender or in a wheelchair, to simply create a generic pop song and expect it to work out; ignoring the rare cases where their differences snowballs into a meme rallying-call (a la Caitlyn Jenner), they must provide something more in 'compensation', either a performance that is MASSIVELY beyond the norm (which this isn't) or something unique from their life that could not have been conveyed by a cisperson. it would be nice if this weren't the case, but unfortunately that's the nature of the world we live in yet.
>>
>>70736394
is this a man? being serious here.
>>
oh look its a model trying to make music.

this was pretty generic m8 the production is basic and her voice sounds like a man
>>70736661
she isn't transgender
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.