[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is that everyone else has such obscure musical taste? Whenever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 31d.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
31d.gif
156KB, 260x187px
Why is that everyone else has such obscure musical taste? Whenever there's a thread of anons sharing their song library I don't recognize a single song.

Am I just a normie when it comes to music?
>>
File: he's a plen.png (379KB, 513x442px) Image search: [Google]
he's a plen.png
379KB, 513x442px
>>70734341
>>
If your favorite band is: Beatles, Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Les Rallizes Denudes, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Tool, Doors, Radiohead, Stones, Sabbath, or Queen... yes you are a normie and would be better suited for r/music
>>
>>70734392
That sounds like something someone from r/music would say in an attempt to fit in.
>>
File: 1477518561509.png (323KB, 466x575px) Image search: [Google]
1477518561509.png
323KB, 466x575px
>>70734392
Popular =/= Bad
>>
>>70734341
I'm the real patrician in this thread, I listen exclusively to field recordings of myself shitting and screaming to Top 40 hits.
>>
>>70734341
Share your music library anon. It can't be that bad.
>>
>>70734341
Maybe, but, probably not. Everyone who comes here pretty much has super shit taste and likes their music for the wrong reasons. A lot of these mutards just want to feel unique and special and will listen to anything someone else won't to feel that way.

There are a few with taste though. I've gotten one great suggestion in recommendation threads, and that alone makes it sort of worth it for me, cause I'd never know about the artist otherwise.

That's the biggest problem with this board though, everyone's fucking ego and shoving their deluded opinions down everyone else's throats. When you find a thrad where people get along it's cool and you can discover new shit, but when does that ever happen
>>
>>70734445
You have to be at least 18 to browse this board, you know that right? Try again when you graduate high school and are at least patrician enough to listen to swansong
>>
File: 1481403592489.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1481403592489.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>70734666
>patrician enough to listen to swansong
>listen to swansong
>swansong
>shitty Carcass buttrock
>>
>>70734761
I'm not talking about the goddamned band, you plebian
>>
>>70734528
>A lot of these mutards just want to feel unique and special and will listen to anything someone else won't to feel that way.
But like all of /mu/ listens to the same albums. I have no idea where this meme comes from, where the fuck are the posters who only listen to obscure weird shit? Because I never see them.
>>
>>70734528
What are your top 10 favourite albums then?
>>70734341
/mu/core and 99% of the bands/artists discussed here really aren't obscure anymore because of the internet and most of them weren't ever obscure. Maybe you just need to lurk more on forums dedicated to music? Are the albums fantano reviews obscure to you?
>>
>>70734341
People here really don't discuss very obscure music very often. Are you looking particularly at the threads which do? Because that may be your problem.
>>
>>70734819
It's just some schlock said by the hipster-hipsters of /mu/. Most /mu/core is pretty alright, and there's also plenty of music that's more obscure than /mu/core that's also good. Very few if any people genuinely pretend to like music for appearances sake and not because they actually enjoy it. Ignore egotists who think they're better than other people for generalizations they make up about other people.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.