[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the dilettante I was recently engaging with on here: All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Vivaldi.jpg (14KB, 220x263px) Image search: [Google]
Vivaldi.jpg
14KB, 220x263px
To the dilettante I was recently engaging with on here:

All baroque composers borrowed music. It is what they did with the borrowings that counts. Bach never wrote an original chorale, he borrowed all of them. Handel, as one critic said, changed rocks into diamonds when he borrowed. You are in the .0001 group who thinks Vivaldi is greater than Handel. He is not even in the same league.

I am extremely well informed having worked in musicology for years. Insecurity does not exist for me, because I don't debate things I know nothing about. Music is for me the grandest art and when crape comes out of mouths like yours, I speak up, and I can back up it up. So be careful.

If you love Vivaldi fine, but you cross the line when you compare his music to the greatest Baroque composers. I would in addition to the great two, Handel and Bach, rate several other composers of the time over Vivaldi. There is no arguing about taste, that is why your comments on Vivaldi are valid. But that does not change the fact that your principal statement (that Vivaldi is superior) is agreed upon by an extremely small minority.

You are also uniformed on Handel's borrowings (a common practice in the Baroque Era). Go to the Handel forum and read the papers on his borrowing and how he could transform a nothing idea into a gem. You obviously have tastes of approval and disapproved that are in the minority. Vivaldi is never rated as a top master, while Wagner is. Your knowledge of music and art seems to be minimal at best. I would bet that you have never heard a Handel or Wagner opera in your life. You are a sad person indeed.

Next time don't get in over your head.
>>
*sleeps*
>>
File: images-81.jpg (12KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
images-81.jpg
12KB, 313x470px
>>70732930
>>
Fuck you
Autumn is a bop, a BOP
>>
dubs thread?
>>
Vivaldi was the man for the concertos though.
>>
>>70732930
Vivaldi wrote melodies that sound more animated than those other boring hags. Bach'a joy of a bleh is his best song by far and nothing else comes close. That's why I listen to Chopin and Tchaikovsky. That's where the melody is at.
>>
I like "spring" from Four Seasons. What do I listen to next?
>>
>>70735619
summer, autumn, winter
>>
>>70732930
>I am extremely well informed having worked in musicology for years

>posts something this dumb and pretentious
>no umlaut on Handel
>Bach never wrote an original Chorale

I'm calling bullshit on OP
>>
File: 1479162380912.jpg (25KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
1479162380912.jpg
25KB, 600x553px
>>70735352
kek I know that feel anon.
Fucking sick of pretentious assholes hating on romantic era classical, just face it, baroque and classical is just too academic and boring.
>>
>>70737252
don't talk out of your arse anon, baroque has some of the catchiest pieces out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcFr_8qQXas&t
>>
Prolixity aside, he's not wrong.
>>
Typical mu hating on the few good posts that are made here
>>
>>70738370
Hey OP
>>
Handle was a boring blob of a composer
Vivaldi was the hot shizz
>>
>>70735352
>Bach's joy of a bleh
>hasn't actually listened to Bach's repertoire.
>>
>>70739064
Vivaldi didn't even know how to keep a piece of music interesting. Only the beginning sections of the four seasons are well known.
>>
>>70739090
>beginning sections
wtf is a beginning section, lmao
do you mean allegros? then you're wrong
>>
>>70739090
Then his come the middle of autumn is the best in the concerto?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.