[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember the early 00s, when every band was some mainstream garage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1723.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1723.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
Remember the early 00s, when every band was some mainstream garage rock revival "The ______s" or some 3rd wave pop punk band. When is that coming back into style? It seems 90s vaporwave nostalgia is still going strong.
>>
>>70722325
Probably never. Rock music is incredibly shit right now. There hasn't even been any remotely rock music seriously impact the mainstream since 2012.
>>
>>70722325
how is vaporwave 90s nostalgia? it doesn't have breakbeats, or filtered guitars, or anything that sounds like the 90s
>>
>>70722364
>if it's not mainstream, it's not relevant!
Do bleepfags really believe this?
>>
>>70722414
OP literally brought up mainstream rock bands
>>
>>70722325
I miss late 90's indie rock more
>>
>>70722388
maybe he's just talking about the PC aesthetic stuff, not the music itself.

right now the 80s are the big thing, but I believe the 90s are gonna make a comeback soon and oh boy will I milk that cow.
>>
>>70722364

Yeah, I've noticed. But do you guys think it's permanent or their will be a marketable resurgence out of nostalgia?

For me, the last hurrah for mainstream electric rock was around the time 7 Nation Army was on the airwaves around 2003/2004. That was follow with pop emo and some cheesy folky indie but it's been a steady decline, even if a few bands (Alabama Shakes, etc.) do make it through
>>
>>70722388

It's like the music from the 80s/90s people ignored: the filler in infomercials, the weather channel, training videos, smooth jazz radio stations.
>>
>>70722440

The 90s aesthetic is coming back. Look at a random basic bitch tumblr account: overalls, relaxed 90s jeans, chokers, 90s bracelets and the misnomer of referring to everything as "grunge" is back. It's sort of a Daria meets Blossom style.

Also the Golden Girls pastel palette which was big in the 80s/90s
>>
Also the current colored hair trend is very early 90s alt rock/riot grrrl
>>
>>70722602
I want late 90's and early 00's green shading to make a comeback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giABAfeEc0U
>>
>>70722602
>>70722648
>just now realizing fashion lives on a 20 year remix cycle
>>
>>70722423
Well there's your problem
>>
>>70722681

Just realized that? Yeah pop culture nostalgia really became a real, widespread phenomenon in the late 70s (was watching a documentary on this) with Happy Days, Grease and a whole onslaught of cheesy 50s nostalgia and the 50s themed diners. This was by baby boomers, the first generation to grow up on television.

By the late 80s/early 90s, the 60s were hot: The Wonder Years, Woodstock Documentaries, Forrest Gump, Peace sign T-Shirts, tie died and eco movements came back big

Mid/late 90s saw a lot of 70s aesthetics come back in fashion: bell bottom, wedge shoes, etc
>>
>>70722681
>>70723110
I think it's about the people in charge.

You grow up as a kid, surrounded by certain styles and music. Years later you're an adult, with money to spare and your generation being in charge of the world. So you support stuff that sounds like your childhood/teen years, making the revivals happen. And so ad infinitum with every generation.
>>
>>70723221

Yep. The 16-22 year old girls going on about grunge style weren't even alive in the early 90s. But the older millennials who are becoming prime marketers do.
>>
>>70722440
>he isn't preparing for the inevitable 00's comeback to become the avant garde pioneer of the 21st century
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.