[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is metalcore finally making a comeback? This is some of the heaviest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: code orange.jpg (56KB, 806x806px) Image search: [Google]
code orange.jpg
56KB, 806x806px
Is metalcore finally making a comeback? This is some of the heaviest shit I've seen in years.
>>
this album is literally nu male hardcore though
>>
>>70721981
Came here to post this. Also this decade there have been solid releases from

Converge
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Chariot
Every Time I Die
Car Bomb
Rolo Tomassi

and you think it's coming back because of a shitty watered down approach to hardcore?
>>
File: justawful.jpg (93KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
justawful.jpg
93KB, 500x500px
>>70721970
You're pathetic and that is one boring-ass weak record.
>>
>>70721981
Care to elaborate? The lyrics just seem like your typical "fuck you and fuck everything" type of stuff. Aside from the terrible clean vocal songs it's just pure breakdowns and heavy guitars.
>>
>>70722021
>The Chariot

underrated as fuck.
>>
>>70722044
yeah well so is Attack Attack
>>
>>70721970
>THIS IS REAL NOW
>MOTHER
>FUCKER
>>
>>70722075
I miss those cheesy, edgy one liners before breakdowns.
>>
This album is everything that's wrong with Kurt Ballou produced metalcore. I'm sick of those over-used canned feedback squeeks.

Aside from the production, the songwriting is weak. Taking the most surface level ingredients of other genres (industrial and grunge in this case) doesn't work. "Heavier" and more experimental hardcore released come out every month. Maybe you should immerse yourself in the genre before claiming it's making a comeback
>>
>>70722095
I mean a comeback as in mainstream types are starting to notice again. Recently Yuth Forever (formerly Villains) and iwrestledabearonce have been putting out great stuff but no one has noticed.
>>
>>70721970
>metalcore
>heaviest
wew lad
>>
>>70721970
>wanting metalcore to make a comeback

for what purpose
>>
File: dea.jpg (128KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dea.jpg
128KB, 600x600px
>>70722139
Name bands with heavier breakdowns that aren't just metalcore at their roots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rkqBhO_x8I
>>
They don't go on tonight until about 1 and Gatecreeper isn't until about 12 and it's only $15-20 and the weather's perfect so looks like I'm definitely going. I fucking love that Gatecreeper album and I really warmed up to Code Orange last time I heard it.
>>
>>70722118
>>70722159
embarrassing
>>
>>70722095
I'm pretty sure that's a harmonic squeak not feedback so that really has a minimal amount to do with Kurt. I'm seeing them tonight so I'll listen for a comparison.
>>
I'm surprised a lot of /mu/ posters ever listened to metalcore to begin with.
>>
>>70722280
There's nothing wrong with the dissonant, punk and mathy breed of metalcore. Unless you're talking about the boyband metal stuff
>>
>>70722348
I'm mostly talking about that huge deal back in the 00's when we had stuff ranging from Norma Jean to Devil Wears Prada all the way to Horse the Band. The genre was all over the place and it pretty much only appealed to teenagers. I might be in a minority for still liking this stuff well into my 20's.
>>
>>70722406
I know people nearing their 40's who still enjoy stuff like Genghis Tron and Horse The Band. Don't sweat it
>>
>>70722159
wow that's utter shit
>>
>>70722021
Isn't Converge supposed to put out a new album this year?
>>
>>70722021
Car Bomb is tighter than fuck.
>>
>>70722810
They are tracking it in march
>>
Don't call it a comeback

It's been here for years
Rocking it's peers, putting suckas in fears
Makin' the tears rain down like a monsoon
Listen to the bass go boom
Explosions, overpowerin'
Over the competition I'm towerin'
Wrecking shop when I write these lyrics
That'll make you call the cops
Don't you dare stare, you better move
Don't ever compare
Me to the rest that'll all get sliced and diced
Competition's payin' the price
>>
>>70722893
how do you know this
>>
>>70723053
Ben Koller's facebook
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.