[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I tell the difference between tryhard garbage for poseurs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1482347223197.jpg (174KB, 1533x961px) Image search: [Google]
1482347223197.jpg
174KB, 1533x961px
How can I tell the difference between tryhard garbage for poseurs and pseuds and genuine patrician music?
>>
Good question. I'm interested in the answer, whoever got it.
>>
If you genuinely like it, it's patrician
>>
>Pleb

Famous normie albums

>Poseur

Look up something on RYM. If it has over 50 ratings but has several people raving about it it's poseurcore. Bonus points if it's avant-garde or Japanese.
>>
>>70701085
If you like it, it's patrician
If you don't it's not
>>
imagine not knowing
>>
Genuine patrician music has no ratings on RYM
>>
>>70701276

>Shitty bandcamp projects are patrician

I agree with you, but only if the release was released before the internet.
>>
Patrican music in not on RYM
>>
>>70701085
Pro tip: noise is both
>>
Poseurs are just people that listen to albums because it's cool to ''get them'' and never explore music outside of what is currently the popular ''I can't get this album-core''
>>
do you like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN_5oUL_9xE
>>
>>70701085
>tryhard garbage for poseurs

This doesn't exist. Its a collective false narrative you bought into that has snowballed over the past several decades into a meaningless concept thrown about by people who want to feel better about their taste in music.
>>
Plebs go for easy listening, simple stuff. No depth to the music at all, as long as it's immediately pleasing to their ears sorta like junk food. Examples include the average normie who listens to the radio all day, or just delves into the artists whose sounds are based on the hip sound atm that would be played on a radio.

Poseurs go for the other side of the coin that the plebs exist on. To them it's just about the uncommon sound a certain kind of music has, but it's just that surface level idea of the music they listen to being uncommon that they enjoy. Like the pleb, they still can't do a proper analysis of what it is they listen to. Examples include many unanimously loved records by the user base of threads like /daily/ on 4chan, and the actual user base of RYM as well.

Pseuds like music because they think one particular aspect of music is what automatically makes it good or bad. Examples of this being the prog fan who thinks good music only entails technical instrumental complexity, or the blues fan who thinks good music only entails their narrow view of the portrayal of "emotion" in music. Caring for having only an abundance of one thing gives a level of over-importance on that particular aspect of music, an over-importance on the person's taste, and thus ultimately, an over-importance to the person themselves.
>>
>too popular IRL
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIE

>too popular on /mu/
HURRRRRRRRRR Drone

>too obscure for newfriends
FUCKING TRYHARD POSEUR AUTIST
>>
>>70701703
basically lol
>>
how do i tell the difference between poseur and a pseude?
>>
Scaruffi is a pseude. Poseurs are those guys you find in chart threads that don't have a single recognizable artist.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.