[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you skip tracks or are you a purist? I have some albums that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
Do you skip tracks or are you a purist? I have some albums that I'd rather consume wholly but I mostly pick favorites
>>
If you don't at least listen to an album the whole way through the first time you hear it you are plebbing yourself
>>
>>70699148
On the first listen it's obviously the way to go, but after that I decide which tracks aren't worth it
>>
I listen to an album the whole way a few times and when I get comfortable with it, I skip the songs that don't seem particularly strong to me. This is pretty much the only way to do it t b h
>>
I reckon I've filtered out around 5-6 tracks and changed the order of a few songs on James Blake's latest album. So much filler
>>
>>70699128
Sometimes I skip Bring the Sun/Toussaint when listening to to be kind
Its 30 fucking minutes long and that time could be spent much better listening to the rest of the album
Anyone else do this or am I just an autist?
>>
I usually give the album 2 full listens before I start deleting tracks
>>
Depends on the album
My Nine Inch Nails sessions

>Pretty Hate Machine
After Down In It I start skipping a lot of songs.

>Broken
No songs skipped, I ignore the covers, they are just extras for me, the real idea of the album for me ends with "Gave Up"
>The Downward Spiral
Entire album, no skipping, no need, every single track is fucking awesome. I can't skip or pick tracks at random. The concept works too wonderfully for that.
>The Fragile
This one is harder, this is long as fuck, sometimes I need to take a break after the left side ends to properly swallow it all in.
>With Teeth
Trent said this isn't a concept album, he said that each tracks are just "friends with one another" this holds true to every single non-conceptual release of NIN where pretty much every album can feel like a concept record, With_Teeth feels like a concept album about sobriety ending with a release, release of years of torment over depression and addictions, the last note of Right Where It Belongs setting everything right. I can't skip any tracks on this, it feels like a journey.
>Year Zero
Same deal as TDS and TF
>The Slip
I skip the two instrumental tracks when I feel like just listening to some short agressive NIN, The Slip is my "go-to" album for that, but I enjoy listening to it in its entirety as well

>Hesitation Marks
Might as well be a conceptual record, same deal as TDS,TF and YZ
>Not The Actual Events
Every track, sometimes I skip She's Gone Away, on rare occasions Dear World when I want to hear the most agressive tracks from NIN in years.
>>
>>70699128
I almost always listen all the way through.
The only exceptions are bonus tracks, i pick out the good ones and ditch the rest. And sometimes i listen to just half of the album if it's very long, like 2hrs+.

Also William's Mix in Clipping - CLLPNG is a must-skip for me.
>>
>1st listen
Standard track order, no skips, fully concentrate on the music
>2nd listen and beyond
Shuffle and skip, nigga
>>
>>70699630
>skipping one of the best tracks
I mean if you don't enjoyment from it, you do you
>>
>>70700686
*don't get enjoyment
>>
I usually listen to the full album a few times then determine what songs I'd rather skip on later listens. It also has a lot to do with how I'm feeling. It doesn't necessarily mean they're even bad songs.

For example, when I listen to Tago Mago and I'm just on the train or on my way to a class or something, I tend to skip the long experimental tracks like Aumgn and Peking O just because they don't really appeal to me in that moment and I don't feel like sitting through them. Maybe it's pleb of me, but I prefer to save the "full" album experience for when I'm just doing nothing but listening to the record, there's no background noise, and I'm laying down in my room.
>>
Unpopular opinion; Within You, Without You is the worst song the Beatles ever wrote. I skip it every fucking time
>>
File: 1432300543936.gif (806KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1432300543936.gif
806KB, 320x180px
>>70700679
>skip
meh, okay
>shuffle
pic related
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.