[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm just going to go for it, not sure if it's against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: iStock_000012551980XSmall.jpg (322KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000012551980XSmall.jpg
322KB, 425x282px
So I'm just going to go for it, not sure if it's against the rules. I'm just posting some lyrics here that I wrote. I just want some honest feedback on the song, my fiancee just ditched me and I've been writing a lot lately. I just wanna know if it's actually good

I saw last night you have less photos of us
I guess I missed that bus
I feel like I'm losing the game
Just like we used to play
Every night before we would lay beside each other and talk about how much we hate our mothers
Our life was never perfect but it made sense and now I feel like a yard with no fence
I'm drowning now and I can't even cry out to the place where I once saw your face
I never meant to make that move
Feeling things I never thought I'd lose
I'm breaking down the walls that we built together but I don't have a hammer
I remember the one you kept in place of a gun
Maybe you'd let me borrow it just once to finish the job
Yeah, I'm a slob and I never listen
My soul is gone and before too long I will never know what love felt like in the first place
You had so much grace while I just fell on my face and I never listen
I want a heart just to bring it out in the dark
I just want you to know that life keeps goin
Hearts don't stop yeah they just slow down
For now I'll walk at my own pace
Carrying this picture of a face
I used to know her
But I never listen
The snow is still falling
Just like eternity calling
I'm okay, you're okay
And maybe one day I'll return to the place where we used to play and I'll dream of that day when you told me I never listen.
>>
>I saw last night you have less photos of us
memebook reference

DROPPED
>>
>rhymes us with bus
D R O P P E D
>>
>>70697127
Instagram but yeah.. too corny ?
>>
>talk about how much we hate our mothers
absolutely degenerate. That's your mother!

DROPPED
>>
>>70697133
Fuck, I'm trying lol
>>
>>70697134
oh well if its Instagram thats ok. I jerk off to that thing all the time so I strongly support it.
>>
>>70697161
That puts us in the same boat, glad I found a fan
>>
>and now I feel like a yard with no fence
you make this sound like a negative. How is a yard without a fence a negative? What are you trying to hide? Holy shit was your fiance your beard?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_OK_%E2%80%93_You're_OK
>>
>>70697214
Damn, I actually used that line in reference to It's, you're okay by Bonjr. It was kinda my inspiration
>>
>>70697202
I was trying to say I felt.. I dunno vulnerable I guess
>>
you should rhyme goin' with slowin'

What are you, a commie?
>>
>>70697170

They're alright OP but some of it is pretty corny, such as

>"I'm breaking down the walls that we built together but I don't have a hammer"

There are some good moments in there but it's not great. Look back on this in a week. You'll probably cringe but don't despair. What I do is reflect on what I wrote and pick out the lines I thought were great and work well. Eventually you'll narrow down your writing to the point where finding a line you don't like becomes a rarity. Goodluck.
>>
>>70697259
Oh yeah, they just start slowin'. That's way better
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m88MfJN3vK0
>>
I personally think lyrics that are too straightforward gets rid of thought provoknessssss
>>
>>70697275
Yeah, I get that. Thank you.
>>
>>70697290
Okay, I see what you mean. This one was kinda like straight up emotion. Usually I try to use more metaphors and things like that.
>>
I wrote a song about self sabotage with lyrics "do i grow tired of the weight, breaking bottles of water just to bail them away" i think its a better way to put it across rather then " its always good until i ruin it"
>>
>>70697286
That was good, what does it have to do with mine?
>>
Here's one more, once again not great but just trying to start getting into writing raps.
>>
There's beauty in broken window panes
Lodged inside my brain
Oh god I gotta refrain from the thoughts the follow me into my dreams
It seems
Like there's no end to this
Miss, can you help me please
Too late, her brains are on my sleeves
King Midas, everything I touch turns to gold
Every cigarette I smoke makes me old
I was told as a child never give up
Now here I am throwing my fingers up
It's empty, get me another cup
Liquor hits my liver quicker than I get sicker so I ain't gonna bicker looking for flicker inside of my empty mind
One of kind
Tone deaf and bad at rhymes
Flow dank like it's never seen the sunshine
My style kills like columbine
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.