[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How profecient do you have to be in any instrument do you have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1485230372637.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1485230372637.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
How profecient do you have to be in any instrument do you have to be truley appreciate music?
>>
its a relative sliding scale

the more complex the music you're listening to, the more proficient you need to be and vice versa

for example, nirvana you need to be able to play hot cross buns
>>
>>70692777
Thank you and nice get.
I had a lot of trouble with the cello when I was younger, mainly because I didn't super enjoy it. I kind of want to get into music again but I'm not sure what intrument I should play.

I know most people will say guitar but I never really enjoyed playing it. I always considered viola.
>>
>>70692849
danke its my 2nd of the last few hours

>>70691777

I'm still kinda freaked out and this isn't helping
>>
>>70692963
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70685373#p70691666
>>
it's not necessarily proficiency with an instrument. it's proficiency with theory
>>
The whole point of punk music is to only know 3 chords and scream
>>
>>70694398
you don't have to know how david blane is able to barf up frogs to appreciate that that's amazing though. if you know how, that's a different level of appreciation and cool too, but it doesn't mean that it's not amazing just that he barfed up frogs.
>>
>>70694698
good correlation although from experience its actually the opposite

New band and the other guitarist was really impressed with what I was doing and asked me to show him how. After which he no longer impressed and remarked "That's all you were doing? That's easy." His appreciation of my music had literally changed in correlation to his proficiency.

Then I asked him to show me what he was doing and he just said "I dont know, I'm just messing around." Motherfucker had literally tricked me.
>>
>>70694398
I agree

Although that also lends a frustration when you listen to something and wonder how the fuck they composed it and how you'll never be that good
>>
>>70694698
i agree in some ways, but i think in order to be able to speak critically about music (ie post on a music board) you have to have some understanding of music theory
>>
>>70694827
>Although that also lends a frustration when you listen to something and wonder how the fuck they composed it and how you'll never be that good
i know this feel
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.