[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I must've listened to it over 10 times now but I still don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg (74KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Radiohead.kida.albumart.jpg
74KB, 300x300px
I must've listened to it over 10 times now but I still don't "get it". I think it's alright but I don't think it deserves it's praise solely for how unique it was at the time and the direction they took with it. Am I missing something?
>>
>>70673480
no, don't waste your time with entry-level shit, especially if you don't like it
>>
Hid A what?
>>
Anonymous 01/29/17(Sun)21:34:24 No.70673480▶>>70673500
I must've listened to it over 10 times now but I still don't "get it". I think it's alright but I don't think it deserves it's praise solely for how unique it was at the time and the direction they took with it. Am I missing something?
>>
stick !yuTzqBoBZc 01/29/17(Sun)21:36:21 No.70673500▶
>>70673480 (OP)
no, don't waste your time with entry-level shit, especially if you don't like it
>>
Anonymous 01/29/17(Sun)21:37:10 No.70673510▶
Hid A what?
>>
>>70673480
It was unique in the sense that it was merging their alternative rock sound with a newer electronic feel in a way that ended up being marketable and wildly popular. There's a lot to say about that.

In terms of concrete meaning there isn't much to get, they picked the lyrics out of a hat. But it still manages to convey themes of existential crisis, alienation, loss of meaning / purpose, etc. in a strangely comforting way. I feel like Amnesiac conveys the same themes but in a much scarier claustrophobic way.

Fantano's review is actually really good. He points out that the album cover is a landscape that seems weirdly angular, which is a cool way of visually representing the music that's both organic and mechanical.

When I first listened it wasn't even my favorite Radiohead album, but now it's one of my top overall. If it doesn't click with you though I get it, it's not for everyone. Sort of a limbo area between normie territory and "patrician" shit.
>>
>>70673480
Maybe you don't like it? Is there something wrong with that?
>>
>>70673480
The first 4 songs of the album are incredible, the quality falls off after that
>>
>>70674300
you mean the quality falls off after that and then picks back up for the last 3 tracks
>>
File: grimeth.jpg (53KB, 500x544px) Image search: [Google]
grimeth.jpg
53KB, 500x544px
>>70673530
>>
I had the same problem when I was a rockfag. I liked the bends and ok computer but wasn't into kid a. I decided to listen to it again later and I loved it. I don't know why I like it so much, I guess the sounds just sound good to me:). Either way, don't force yourself to like something, you'll never really enjoy music otherwise
>>
>>70673480
how to disappear completely is shit, other than that it's a solid album
>>
>>70673480
No, you're not missing anything. Radiohead are boring as fuck and the very definition of middle-of-the-road, and you should celebrate the fact that you're above that.

Don't beat yourself up over not liking P4Kcore.
>>
>>70674902
huh?
>>
>I don't think it deserves it's praise solely for how unique it was at the time and the direction they took with it. Am I missing something?

I mean, you basically said it yourself. If something is unique for the time, it's going to influence artists who come after it. Even if nobody really liked it, it would still get attention for the influence it had. Unique tend to get attention, good or bad, and just because something is influential, doesn't mean you have to like it. I don't understand what else you think there is to 'get.' It's music, like it, dislike, move on.
>>
>>70673480
It's perfect, try to imagine the story in your head.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.