[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scruffles gave a metal album an 8/10 http://www.scaruffi.co

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5454.jpg (17KB, 209x204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5454.jpg
17KB, 209x204px
Scruffles gave a metal album an 8/10

http://www.scaruffi.com/cdreview/new.html

Discuss.
>>
>according to scaruffi coloring book and the life of pablo are better than blackstar
>>
>>70667841
Must be pretty good.

>>70667894
He rates albums based on how original they are, if they push the meaning of rock any.
>>
metal confirmed best genre?
>>
what will he give atrocity exhibtion
he gave XXX and Old 7s and he loves Paul White
>>
>>70667917
I wonder what Scaruffi finds original about
>NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL
>>
File: 14309474756.jpg (33KB, 400x479px) Image search: [Google]
14309474756.jpg
33KB, 400x479px
>>70667841
>tfw he gave tlop a 5

damn, and i really enjoyed it too. sucks that i had to delete it
>>
>>70667925
scaruffi would give an album a 10 before he gives a hip hop album besides nation of millions an 8 or above
>>
>Middle age can be brutal. You start ranting against everything and everybody because you are beginning to realize that the world doesn't need you anymore and that you are rapidly becoming an unwelcomed guest in that rapidly changing world that you can't understand anymore. Antony may have picked all the right reasons to rant against the powerful and the rich, but it sounds monotonous and irrelevant when she doesn't also mention that most wars have ended, fewer people are being murdered in the world, and most of the nations that used to be starving colonies now are rising even faster than the old imperial nations.
>Her proverbial vulnerability and fragility have become an excuse to sing in a derelict tone that is appropriate to lament the coming senseless apocalypse but is hardly musical. Her music is not always horrible. It just desperately calls for a less horrible singer. One can respect the ecofeminist activist while at the same time demanding some artistic talent. And of course she carefully avoids telling us how she would keep Afghanistan from falling into the hands of the Islamic fundamentalists. Easy to criticize presidents and generals, harder to actually help the Afghans become as rich and free as she is. It is debatable if the apocalypse is coming because a president uses drones to fight an unpopular war or because the people of his country (like Antony) are indifferent to the tragedies of other nations. By the same token, it is easy for a rich Westerner to rail against the very environmental disasters that made the West rich: what are the other countries of the world supposed to do, refrain from doing what made Antony rich? She sings "I don't want your future", not "I don't want my present". Protest songs are easy to write.

Damn...
>>
>>70667939
I dunno how about we just read the fucking reviews and find out.

he Life Of Pablo (Def Jam, 2016), another wildly overrated album that in reality lacks inspiration and mainly delivers cliches. West flirts with gospel in Ultralight Beam and that mediocre trick remains the highlight for about half an hour, until Low Lights steals the riff from Prince's Ballad of Dorothy Parker and Waves concocts a soaring hymn. Several bland songs later Wolves stages a romantic three-part harmony hijacked by Sia Furler's wordless commentary, the album's standout. After No More Parties In LA, an uneventful Kendrick Lamar collaboration, the album closes with a musical puzzle, Fade, that sounds like a tribute to funk-soul of the 1970s. This album is a social event: the guests, the producers, the samples and the songwriters prevail over the real music. This is just a patchwork of half-baked ideas. Too often West tries to dress up boring beats, boring lyrics and boring melodies with boring arrangements.

As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.
>>
>Despite its brevity, the album feels too long for what the band has gotten: the second half is mostly disposable. This should have been an even shorter record. Kenneth William, who composed each song in a different key, is a competent composer but there are a few thousand around. Way has become a better songwriter, but, if you want to read good poetry, i can recommend a few thousand better poets. One misses the point. If you are just making average music with average lyrics, and very little energy, why should people listen to you instead of the other thousands?

dude...
>>
>Agalloch
>metal
>>
>>70667946
kys
>>
>>70667841
Number at the end of my post is the score Scaruffi give for Frank Ocean's Blonde (0 = 10/10)
>>
>>70668113
i think op was talking about btbam
>>
File: 1480042982273.png (282KB, 324x484px) Image search: [Google]
1480042982273.png
282KB, 324x484px
>genre of Cardiacs is "genius"
>7.5
I know it's a good score for him but still
>>
>mfw BTBAM could be the greatest metal ever if they didn't have the screaming segments
>>
Is Between the Buried and Me /mu/core now?
>>
>>70667917
For someone seeking originality he sure has narrow tastes.
>>
According to Scaruffi BTBAM's Colors is better than everything King Crimson/Robert Fripp has ever done http://www.scaruffi.com/vol2/kingcrim.html
>>
At least he gave to a good one
>>
>>70669189
Because it is
>>
>>70669189
Check that ITCOTCK score again senpai
>>
Reminder that Scaruffi rated this 7/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwG97ah0mEU
>>
>tfw scaruffi has reviewed your fav album positively but not rated it with a score
>will never know if it's 7.5+/10 rating
Is there a worse feel for us mindless drones?
>>
>>70669116
Lol
>>
Metal is the ultimate genre, fedora-mamma-mia Scaruffi confirms.
>>
>>70669600
Same for me with Third Side of Tape.
>>
>>70668026
antony ethered
>>
>>70667841
his last 8/10 was a death metal album, and he has given high scores to lots of metal albums, why is that a surprise?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.