[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"U2 was definitely post-punk. We were entrenched in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: bono.jpg (391KB, 1417x1779px) Image search: [Google]
bono.jpg
391KB, 1417x1779px
>"U2 was definitely post-punk. We were entrenched in that scene, having come of age as punk fans. We loved Joy Division and Television and Wire. We toured with This Heat and Mission of Burma. And that's a genuine fact. Our influences were always more far reaching that just the post-punk scene that we emerged from though. We loved Einstürzende Neubauten and KMDFM and The Young Gods too. We were fans of My Bloody Valentine before Loveless."

What did Bono mean by this?
>>
Early U2 maybe but certainly not their later work
>>
>>70666788
Yeah I'm calling bullshit on all of that
>>
U2 are as post-punk as Kenny G is free jazz
>>
>>70666788
>We loved Joy Division and Television and Wire.
>We toured with This Heat and Mission of Burma. And that's a genuine fact.
>We loved Einstürzende Neubauten and KMDFM and The Young Gods too. We were fans of My Bloody Valentine before Loveless.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
U2 sold out but they were always decent.

Any hate towards them is revisionist history and because of that South Park/IPhone BS.
>>
War is a good album
>>
>>70666788
wow
what a fucking cunt
you can just smell how bad he's posturing
like just namedropping random shit in a desperate effort for "cred" when clearly u2 have never heard a post-punk or industrial or shoegaze record in their life
>>
>>70666921
>he never heard the experimental/ambient masterpiece Original Soundtracks
>he doesn't hear the industrial influences in Achtung Baby
Face it, if Bono wasn't such a massive cunt no one would be hating on them. Also, if you don't recognize U2's massive influence and iconic progression in sound you're probably underage.
>>
>>70667040
yeah sure whatever dad
>>
>>70667040
>U2's massive influence and iconic progression
here, take some (you)
>>
>>70667040
go back to R E D D I T you faggot
u2 are nickelback tier
>>
>>70666921
u mad bono is patrician and has been for longer than your parents have been alive? top fucken kek
>>
>>70667280
Underage confirmed. Name a band as big as U2 to take such a aesthetic/sound change before them.

Your precious Radioheads owe their career to U2 btw
>>
I hate nu-/mu/.
Any variant of 'reddit' should be a week long sitewide ban.
>>
>>70667316
yeah, whatever Bono. Noone will discuss with you here, fuck off
>>
I kek'd OP nice pasta
>>
>>70666872
Everyone hates U2 because bono is a cunt
>>
>>70667362
I wish I was that Irish cunt, making mad cash not doing shit all day while The Edge writes all the riffs for our next minimalistic pop rock shitfest.
>>
u2 = reddit the band

fag rock for fag white middle aged low t cucks to softly bob their head to during the 8am traffic
>>
>>70667714
Nice teen buzzwords.
>>
If you like U2 there's no point in coming on /mu/
>>
>>70668184
If you ignore U2's influences on your indie rock trite you shouldn't post here.
>>
If U2 was a girl, how would her personality be like? (U2 != Bono, so don't just describe Bono plz)
>>
>>70668238
If you think /mu/ is full of indie fans you're like two years behind
>>
>>70668874
There's a lot more pop/rap wankery going on, but /mu/ will always have its fair share of indieheads.
>>
WE WUZ
>>
>>70666872
>Any hate towards them is revisionist history and because of that South Park/IPhone BS.

This
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.