[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>recommended this by an anon as one of Oasis "good"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (494KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
494KB, 500x500px
>recommended this by an anon as one of Oasis "good" tracks
>it's literally just Octopus's Garden
Did Oasis have an original thought in their tiny tiny brains?
>>
>>70643431
No
>>
>>70643431
When they wanted to be original, they sucked.

When they wanted to be poppy, they copied The Beatles.
>>
Whatever isn't that bad? Way better than shit like Roll With It
>>
>>70643431
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9tEPDyAtgU
Didn't even bother denying it
>>
>>70646593
Holy shit I didn't even know that they did this.
>>
they literally ripped off a different song for whatever though and went to court etc

tenuous, even seeing this >>70646593
>>
>>70647878
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cNsmt2YZXA
>>
>>70647891
There are definitely major elements of both, I think. There are parts of what you just linked which are unmistakeable, but the whole structure of Whatever apes Octopus's Garden fairly shamelessly
>>
That's a good album cover, though
>>
DUDE OASIS BEATLES
Oasis were always more indebted to Slade, Status Quo, The Faces, T Rex, etc. etc. than The Beatles to be quite honest. It's apparent to anyone who's heard more than Wonderwall and DLBIA and/or Champagne Supernova

Certainly they were a big influence on the group, but more aesthetically than sonically.
>>
Didn't Noel and Liam admit that they ripped loads of songs from tv adverts, radio adverts and opening themes?
>>
It's same basic chord progression of Octopus' Garden, but not the same melody at all.
>>
>>70649818
Yeah. Aside from a few obvious moments, Oasis never sounded like The Beatles.
>>
>>70649832
plus songs they heard played in the hacienda
Columbia is just a re-done acid house tune.

Still, they Noel did have an ear for melody back in the 90s.
>>
>>70649818
The Jam and The Stone Roses (especially the really early stuff too).

They were the entirety of classic British rock, be it psych, glam, punk, mod, from 1967 - 1983 filtered through the lense of the proceeding decade of Manchester's indie music scene (the end of post-punk, jangle pop/C86, acid house, Madchester, shoegaze) into simple, effective, catchy anthems.
>>
>>70649818
i dont know how anybody could listen to all married with children around the world and shes electric and not think beatles
>>
Whatever is fucking brilliant. the other two tracks are 10/10 as well
>>
>>70650016
I don't know how anyone could listen to rock and roll star, columbia, bring it on down, and think Beatles
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.