[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else is hyped? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3 9iIBeOHI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: mastodonemperorofsand[1].jpg (685KB, 830x830px) Image search: [Google]
mastodonemperorofsand[1].jpg
685KB, 830x830px
who else is hyped?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og39iIBeOHI
>>
>>70629604
sounds good to me. also liking that they went back to their old typeface and artstyle for the album art. i wonder if it'll be a concept album then.
>>
>Drummer/vocalist Brann Dailor previously said the concept centers around a protagonist who is: “handed a death sentence from a desert ruler, and then wanders an arid wasteland – a metaphor for illness and doom.” At it’s core however, the concept is a commentary on cancer.
>>
sounds okay, just hope it's nothing like what they put out post-CTS
>>
>>70630076
apparently they worked on this one with the producer they used on CtS, so that's a good sign
>>
>>70629604
it's like their old shit

cool
>>
The song is alright, but the vocals aren't as good as they were on CtS or even Hunter. Brann seems like the only one who can hold his own and he's a little buried in the mix here.

>>70629999
Normally a concept like this is reason for worry, but Mastodon have pulled it off before so no reason to doubt them in that front. (Nice quads btw)

>>70630076
Agreed, I really liked The Hunter but they hit a roadblock in searching for a more contemporary sound with their last album.
>>
>>70629604
Hype, has that Crack the Skye sound
>>
Pretty cool, maybe another concept? but nothing really pops out as memorable, like the vocal hooks on Oblivion or the surf guitar on Divinations which were the two lead singles from CtS.
Not gonna complain though
>>
>>70629604
sounds like Baroness desu but idec I'm so fucking hyped
>>
>>70629604
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJH0IH3dc
>>
File: 1414498065370.jpg (58KB, 526x545px) Image search: [Google]
1414498065370.jpg
58KB, 526x545px
so fucking HYPE
>>
>>70630714
everyone in this thread besides you retard nu-male cuck faggot
>>
>>70629604
FVARK
>>
>>70630693
You mean Baroness sounds like Mastodon
>>
>>70629604
Been listening to it a couple of times now, it's certainly not bad but I'd have hoped for something more interesting. I'm hype as fuck for a new album but honestly, High Road had me more hype than this.
>>
the riff is so similar to the riff from morningstar by baroness but the rest of it is mint, loving the CtS sound and production, very hyped
>>
mastodon is fucking gay

listen to Voidod if you like vagina
>>
>>70633449
Enjoying your virginity anon?
>>
>>70633326
I think that's because morningstar was clearly inspired by Mastodon

I'm getting Leviathan vibes out of this one

I think Mastodon are beginning to hit that perfect marriage of their old prog with more straightforward rock

A step up from OMRTS indeed
>>
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER
>>
I didn't care for their previous two albums. This is great, sounds like the Mastodon we all know and love.
>>
>>70629604
I'm fucking hyped yeah
>>
I haven't listened yet, won't be able to until after work, but that cover alone has me hyped. The old font is back, fuck yeah.
>>
>>70634411

WHEN YOU SEE THE WHITE WHALE
>>
>>70629604
have to agree with the other anons ITT, this really does sound like old mastodon. can't quite put my finger at exactly what's different, but that would mean o'brien did his work well as the producer bringing out the magic out of them again. it can't be a coincidence that switching out the producer for the last two albums resulted in their weakest albums, he really is the fifth member
>>
>>70629604
IMO it sounds like they are almost plagiarizing themselves, trying too hard to go back to the Crack The Skye sound. Not interested desu.
>>
>>70635628
>inevitable cork sniffing cynical fag
>>
>>70629604
hot damn
>>
>>70629604
It's like an heavier version of Crack the Skye, hype as fuck
>>
Nice song

Looking forward to see their proggy sound. The more straight forward format they adopted on the last albums are not as memorable to me.
>>
>>70629604
I like it, sounds like a heavier and a little more straightforward version of something off CtS. I also like that the old font is back, but does anyone else think the red and orange background of the cover looks really generic?
>>
>>70629604
Solid song. Hope that cover means they're going back to heavier, more proggy concept albums they did prior to The Hunter
>>
>>70629604
on the front cover there are actual raised sporks with smaller sporks at their end, I am not listening to this
>>
Pretty hype because the cover looks like a Mastodon album cover unlike their last two
>>
>>70629604
I think making more mainstream rock for the last to albums has been great for them. They were getting tired of the proggy stuff and that let them clear their heads. Still liked those albums but CtS is my favorite.
>>70639383
kek
>>
I only like the first two albums of theirs, especially Leviathan, and this one doesn't sound any better from the previous efforts.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.